Showing off Linux Mint

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
phpworm

Showing off Linux Mint

Post by phpworm »

Hey there, first post...

I am starting a Linux User Group in the area I live and giving my first seminar (introduction to Linux) in the next few days. I've chosen to go with Linux Mint and I'm just wondering if there is anything in particular worth "showing off" about the OS? I plan on just giving a brief overview from a live CD, word processing, e-mail, image editing... Can you recommend anything else that you think is impressive or makes this OS stand out from others?

I will be handing out CD's at the end of the meeting as well. I appreciate any tips.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Showing off Linux Mint

Post by xenopeek »

Moved here by moderator

Awesome :D If it is for users new to Linux, good idea to also show the Software Manager and show how easy it is to search for and install an additional application. If for mostly existing Linux users, show off Cinnamon?
MaryB

Re: Showing off Linux Mint

Post by MaryB »

If nothing else, you could bring along an old laptop that can barely run XP and let them see it happily running Mint XFCE. I did that a year or so ago to show my daughter that she didn't need a new computer, just a new OS. Now she's running Mint on her netbook and her desktop, with no Windows in sight at all.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”