Caja and MATE Complements (plus a suggestion ;) )

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint

Caja and MATE Complements (plus a suggestion ;) )

Postby RobertLM78 on Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:56 pm

I've really been starting to notice some of the extra features (it seems) in MATE's file browser Caja. I really like the view and navigation controls, the edit menu options and, of course, with Mint-X theme newly refined, it looks great too :wink: ! Keep up the great work :D :D :D .

I am totally dedicated to MATE now, and is the only DE on both my computers :mrgreen: . It is truly a pleasing, light-weight, and mature enviornment. I would just like a bit more control over window sizes as there are still a few windows I cannot resize - one of the most annoying being the dictionary applet(? or plugin) window - I really love the feature and I've used it a few times now already, but I'd especially like to be able to resize that window.
Dell Dimension 4600i, ATI Rage 128, 1 GB RAM, Linux Mint 13 32-bit, MATE edition
Dell Latitude D400, Intel Graphics, 1 GB RAM, Linux Mint 13 32-bit, MATE edition
Gateway DX4860, Sapphire Radeon HD 5450, 6 GB RAM, Linux Mint 13 64-bit, MATE edition
RobertLM78
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Caja and MATE Complements (plus a suggestion ;) )

Postby RobertLM78 on Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:12 pm

RobertLM78 wrote:I've really been starting to notice some of the extra features (it seems) in MATE's file browser Caja. I really like the view and navigation controls, the edit menu options and, of course, with Mint-X theme newly refined, it looks great too :wink: !

Another issue compelled me to need to run nautilus (apparently installed at some point), which has only confirmed my recollection - caja does have some new and excellent features :mrgreen: .
Dell Dimension 4600i, ATI Rage 128, 1 GB RAM, Linux Mint 13 32-bit, MATE edition
Dell Latitude D400, Intel Graphics, 1 GB RAM, Linux Mint 13 32-bit, MATE edition
Gateway DX4860, Sapphire Radeon HD 5450, 6 GB RAM, Linux Mint 13 64-bit, MATE edition
RobertLM78
Level 3
Level 3

Return to Chat about Linux Mint