Caja and MATE Complements (plus a suggestion ;) )

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
RobertLM78
Level 3
Level 3

Caja and MATE Complements (plus a suggestion ;) )

Post by RobertLM78 »

I've really been starting to notice some of the extra features (it seems) in MATE's file browser Caja. I really like the view and navigation controls, the edit menu options and, of course, with Mint-X theme newly refined, it looks great too :wink: ! Keep up the great work :D :D :D .

I am totally dedicated to MATE now, and is the only DE on both my computers :mrgreen: . It is truly a pleasing, light-weight, and mature enviornment. I would just like a bit more control over window sizes as there are still a few windows I cannot resize - one of the most annoying being the dictionary applet(? or plugin) window - I really love the feature and I've used it a few times now already, but I'd especially like to be able to resize that window.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Gateway DX4860, Sapphire Radeon HD 5450, 8 GB RAM, Mint 17.3 64-bit (Rosa), MATE
AMD Ryzen 3-3100, AMD Radeon RX 570, 16 GB RAM, Mint 21 (Vanessa), MATE
RobertLM78
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Caja and MATE Complements (plus a suggestion ;) )

Post by RobertLM78 »

RobertLM78 wrote:I've really been starting to notice some of the extra features (it seems) in MATE's file browser Caja. I really like the view and navigation controls, the edit menu options and, of course, with Mint-X theme newly refined, it looks great too :wink: !
Another issue compelled me to need to run nautilus (apparently installed at some point), which has only confirmed my recollection - caja does have some new and excellent features :mrgreen: .
Gateway DX4860, Sapphire Radeon HD 5450, 8 GB RAM, Mint 17.3 64-bit (Rosa), MATE
AMD Ryzen 3-3100, AMD Radeon RX 570, 16 GB RAM, Mint 21 (Vanessa), MATE

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”