Is it really worth it ???

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
morcar
Level 1
Level 1

Is it really worth it ???

Post by morcar »

Wanted to ask is it really worth having a high end graphics card for Linux Mint 12 ?

I have a 6850 and i was going to swap over to Nvidia as it seems they run a lot better, but as i play games on linux and use it for vidoe converting to DVD and such I wasnt so sure if i really needed a card as good as the 6850. Maybe something a bit lower in spec.

Hope you understand what i mean .. oh my cpu is an intel i5 650 if that is anything to do with it.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Is it really worth it ???

Post by xenopeek »

Moved here by moderator

That depends on what you use it for. You don't need it for video converting, or for light gaming. My Intel Core i5-2500k handles that all fine without the need for a discreet graphics card. But if you are into 3D games, and are looking forward to the Steam client coming to Linux later this year, you may want to go for the high end graphics card.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”