LinuxMint-13 Xfce LTS ... is the best !!

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
vrkalak

Post by vrkalak »

I have been a Linux User for 6 years now.

No matter the OS-distro I used, I have used the Xfce Desktop almost since Day 1.

I used to believe that Mint-9 had the best version of Xfce possible ... then, Mint-13 Xfce came along.
It might, also, be the newer version of Xfce 4.10 that has added the polish to Mint-13 - I don't know what it is.
Xfce 4.10 is the latest release of the excellent Xfce desktop, full of useful incremental improvements and no shocking surprises.

Workflow and efficiency are everything. I want my Linux graphical environment to be the way I like it, and not an obese system hog. I have a lot of favorite Linux desktop environments (Fluxbox, KDE4, Ratpoison, E17, Razor-qt) and Xfce is always near the top.

My Xfce 4.10 desktop on LinuxMint-13.

Xfce 4.10 was released on April 28, and LinuxMint-13 Xfce was released on July 21 with Xfce 4.10. After beating up LinuxMint-13 Xfce for a few weeks, my executive summary is Xfce 4.10 is Pretty Darn Good, and a worthwhile upgrade from 4.8. There isn't anything radically new, but more of a nice bit of polish and finishing touches.

To me XFCE is a useful blend of the best of GNOME 2 and KDE: It's fairly easy to configure, it uses middle- and right-click menus and it handles GNOME and KDE applications without freaking out. Some Linux users prefer pure environments and have only pure GNOME, or pure KDE, or whatever their favorite is. Not me -- I want it all. I install whatever apps I jolly well feel like installing, and mix software repositories: different distros, official and unofficial, third party and different versions. It's a testament to how good Linux package management has become that I can do all this crazy stuff, and suffer dependency conflicts only once in a great while.
^ from the Article: https://www.linux.com/learn/tutorials/6 ... ux-desktop

According to reliable sources, Linus Torvolds (creator of the Linux Kernel) uses Xfce on his personal computer.

I can foresee, the Xfce Desktop Environment over-taking Gnome for the Top Desktop spot in the near future.

Give LinuxMint-13 Xfce LTS edition a try . . . you might fall in love, all over again.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
animaguy

Post by animaguy »

I dont know where youvget LTS?

I use Linux Mint 13 w/xfce and I think it is great.

Love it.

Recommend it.
squeezy

Re: LinuxMint-13 Xfce LTS ... is the best !!

Post by squeezy »

animaguy wrote:I dont know where youvget LTS?
Based on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, same support terms.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”