[SOLVED] Linux Mint 13 LTS?

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Sublimation

[SOLVED] Linux Mint 13 LTS?

Post by Sublimation »

Hello,

I've been searching around but haven't found a definite answer. Does a Long Term Service (LTS) version exist for Linux Mint 13? If so, which variation is it and where can I download it?

Thanks in advance for your help. :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Reorx
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Linux Mint 13 LTS?

Post by Reorx »

Yes, Mint 13 is a LTS version. Support will be for 5 years from when it was released so it should be supported until April 2018!... I believe all versions (Cinnamon, MATE, KDE, & Xfce) are LTS.

You can D/L it here >>> http://www.linuxmint.com/download.php

Cheers!

- R -
Last edited by Reorx on Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Full time Linux Mint user since 2011 - Currently running LM21C on multiple Dell laptops - mostly Vostro models.

Image Image Image
Sublimation

Post by Sublimation »

Wonderful!

I was taken by surprise when my Mint 10 updates suddenly stopped last April. Out of curiosity, does the Xfce desktop offer the same utilities as the KDE desktop? Media player, evolution calendar, and system monitor? Also, is compatibility different between Xfce and KDE?

Thanks again for your help! :D
Reorx
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Reorx »

I was and to some degree still am running Mint 9 Gnome 32 bit on a few laptops but in terms of features of Mint 13 KDE & Xfce - I dunno - my laptop at home and at the office run on LM 13 Cinnamon 64 bit.
Sublimation wrote:Wonderful!

I was taken by surprise when my Mint 10 updates suddenly stopped last April. Out of curiosity, does the Xfce desktop offer the same utilities as the KDE desktop? Media player, evolution calendar, and system monitor? Also, is compatibility different between Xfce and KDE?

Full time Linux Mint user since 2011 - Currently running LM21C on multiple Dell laptops - mostly Vostro models.

Image Image Image
caf4926
Level 7
Level 7

Post by caf4926 »

Sublimation wrote:Wonderful!

You can always install whatever apps you want anyway.
Personal choice.... Me, I don't really like XFCE

The KDE Mint 13 is wonderful - but that's just My Opinion
Mate and Cinnamon are great too though. I install Mate for most of my customers.
Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon
Sublimation

Post by Sublimation »

KDE uses the GNOME desktop, right? Right now I'm running Linux Mint 10 on GNOME 2.32.0. While I don't mind trying something new, I wanted to verify common applications I'm currently using will work on other GUIs.

Thanks again for all your help. :)
caf4926
Level 7
Level 7

Post by caf4926 »

KDE uses the GNOME desktop, right
No
KDE and GNOME are desktops in their own right
Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon
kurok

Post by kurok »

mate is a fork of gnome 2.xx so that mighht be what your looking for.
Sublimation

Post by Sublimation »

caf4926 wrote:
KDE uses the GNOME desktop, right
No
KDE and GNOME are desktops in their own right
Will KDE or Xfce support applications such as Evolution and System Monitor? I don't mind upgrading, I simply want to ensure everything works when I do so.
caf4926
Level 7
Level 7

Post by caf4926 »

If you have been using Mint for so long, I'm kind of surprised you don't quite have a handle on all this.

Mint 10 that you mention, if you installed the typical version is based on Gnome 2.
Since then much has changed, but much has been done to give users what they expect. Hence the Mate project. Mate provides pretty much what you see in Mint 10 Gnome.
So if that is what you were/are using. I suggest you use Mint 13 Mate.
But I recommend a backup of data and a completely clean install.
Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”