Mint Mate Edition

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Mint Mate Edition

Post by exploder »

I sure am thankful for the Mint Mate Edition! My HP DV6 laptop has ATI discrete graphics and I kept having graphics issues in the Cinnamon Edition.... I have messed around with the laptop for days but just could not get rid of the screen flicker and cpu spikes. I installed the Mate edition again today on the laptop and the flickering and cpu spikes are gone. Just by pure luck Clem updated the artwork of the Mate edition today, now I have the MDM theme I like and all the new wallpapers. All I need to do is find a good black theme with white text for the menu and the panel and I will be all set!

My desktop has the x64 Cinnamon edition installed and I love it! The laptop has always been a pain because of it's ATI graphics... I am much happier with the laptop now! :D I even used the bulb photo wallpaper that was posted in the forum and it looks great. If anyone can help me out with a dark theme for Mate I would really appreciate it. Mint used to have a selection of themes in the Gnome 2x versions and I am looking for something like that. It's been awhile since I messed around with themes...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”