Mate Desktop Environment

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Pythzor
Level 3
Level 3

Mate Desktop Environment

Post by Pythzor »

I've just installed gir1.2-mate-menu, mate-backgrounds, mate-core, and mate-desktop-environment to . . . Linux Mint 14 Nadia-RC-Mate. It runs much better now.

Since RC is for testing, I suppose the final phase of testing is without those packages.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Intel Core2 Duo, 3.0 GHz, 6 GB ram, 160 GB hdd; Ultimate Edition Oz Unity Star Sapphire (discontinued Ubuntu 14.04 remix that I've been able to upgrade to a 16.04 base); Linux Mint 18.2/Mate.
lexon

Re: Mate Desktop Environment

Post by lexon »

I happened to look up Distro Watch and saw this was just behind Mint so I downloaded it and installed it to a blank drive. I can plug in six different drives, one at a time. I used the Gnome desktop.
Don't know all the proper terminology but it works quite nicely. I get a pop up about Gnome 3 not working because of the hardware I guess. Not an issue.
The only thing that bothered me was not being able to move the panel or what I guess they call the bar to the bottom of the screen where it belongs. So far, nothing in Help addresses this.
I will look for a forum for this distro and maybe ask. I am new to Linux. Only using it since 2003.

L

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”