from Debian servers to Mint

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
chadp

from Debian servers to Mint

Post by chadp »

I know its prolly been mentioned somewhere before, but I wanted to know if there are any community efforts to strip the Mint installation.

'Ubuntu Alternate - Command Line Install' was my best friend (although I usually stuck to the LTS releases). Does Mint work without XServer installed? I didn't know if there is even a little interest in such a thing. If there is, please point me in the right direction.

Although when Im feeling lazy, Cinnamon does give me a wonderful feeling inside :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kwisher

Re: from Debian servers to Mint

Post by kwisher »

chadp wrote:I know its prolly been mentioned somewhere before, but I wanted to know if there are any community efforts to strip the Mint installation.

'Ubuntu Alternate - Command Line Install' was my best friend (although I usually stuck to the LTS releases). Does Mint work without XServer installed? I didn't know if there is even a little interest in such a thing. If there is, please point me in the right direction.

Although when Im feeling lazy, Cinnamon does give me a wonderful feeling inside :)
Wouldn't Ubuntu Server or Debian without a DE be the same thing? Why would the Mint team want to devote resources for a non-gui distro?

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”