Mint Mention

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
GrayWizardLinux
Level 6
Level 6

Mint Mention

Post by GrayWizardLinux »

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Linux Mint - Pure Bliss!
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Mint Mention

Post by Zwopper »

GrayWizardLinux wrote:check it out.

Mention Mint!

http://farbeyondtheedgeofreason.blogspo ... -os-x.html
8)
My artwork at deviantART | My Band - Electric Alchemea
CREA DIEM!

Lenovo U330P | i5 | 16GB | 128GB - SSD | Elemantary OS 0.4
kanishka
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kanishka »

And Elyssa has still to come! :wink:
GrayWizardLinux
Level 6
Level 6

MInt is really getting around the last 6 months. People are beginning to take it seriously - which they should!
Linux Mint - Pure Bliss!
rivenought

Post by rivenought »

That was a nicely done article. I stumbled upon Mint back with Cassandra. I was impressed, to say the least. Whenever I am asked what Linux distro for beginners, I suggest Mint the vast majority of the time. Actually, only when I have specific requests do I even bother with installing anything besides Mint these days.
belovedmonster
Level 5
Level 5

Post by belovedmonster »

While it's nice to see Mint getting mentioned amongst the pretty Linux distros, the author of the blog linked to is talking out of his ass, none of those distros come anywhere near close to OS X in terms of appearance. In fact I'd go to say that some of his choices are really fugly which kind of ruins his whole argument, but even if we ignore the fugly ones he seems to like way more than he should, just looking at the attractive linux distros he has picked (of which Mint is certainly one of them) none of them are even in the same league as OS X.

I know I probably sound like an OS X fanboy by saying this, but you have to appreciate that every icon, every panel, every widget, every reflection, every eye candy effect on OS X is head and shoulders above any thing else out there. They hire the best guys in the business hands down.

When you cant even get gnome windows which have truly curved edges without jagged bits this whole argument that Linux can compete in visual appearance is laughable.

Don't get me wrong. Linux is making HUGE strides in this area, but at the moment it's no where near OS X.
GrayWizardLinux
Level 6
Level 6

I run OS X on many laptops in the house and office - However I do love and choose Mint exclusively to run Linux.

I brougth up the link for the mention of Mint - not the rest.

I love my Macs and OS X although i did not upgrade. For Linux I love Mint! There is no other.

I have come to look at them as two distinct OS's which they are, they offer different scenarios. They are both sweet!
Linux Mint - Pure Bliss!

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”