Bugs on Mint web page

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Marbux
Level 1
Level 1

Bugs on Mint web page

Post by Marbux »

Hi, all,

I'm flying low so don't have time to investigate how to properly report this issue. Would someone who knows how to report Mint web site bugs please report this for me, please?

The page at http://www.linuxmint.com/rel_nadia_whatsnew.php repeatedly refers to Mint 14 as Mint "1.4" and to Mint 12 once as Mint "1.2". (Notice the period punctuation.

T'would be good to post a confirmation here when it's done so others can see the report has been made and the bug tracker isn't flooded with duplicate reports.

Thanks,

Paul E. "Marbux" Merrell, J.D.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Bugs on Mint web page

Post by catweazel »

Marbux wrote:repeatedly refers to Mint 14 as Mint "1.4" and to Mint 12 once as Mint "1.2". (Notice the period punctuation.

T'would be good to post a confirmation here when it's done so others can see the report has been made and the bug tracker isn't flooded with duplicate reports.

Thanks,

Paul E. "Marbux" Merrell, J.D.
You need new spectacles. They're references to MATE, not Mint.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Exactly, it says MATE 1.4 and MATE 1.2. Linux Mint 14 comes with various desktop environments, with the two being discussed in the page you linked to being MATE (release 1.4) and Cinnamon (release 1.6).

So yes, perhaps not advertise your degree in law without your reading glasses on :wink:
Marbux
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Marbux »

So yes, perhaps not advertise your degree in law without your reading glasses on :-)
Darn, I did it again. :-) Happening more and more often as I age. It's a good thing that I retired from practicing law ten years ago. Thanks for pointing out my error.

BTW, the "J.D." isn't intended to brag. Lots of folks get upset and feel ambushed when they find out they've been talking to a lawyer without knowing it. So better to announce it than hide it in my book.

Thanks again and sorry for my mistake.

Best regards,

Paul
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

:-) Happening more and more often as I age.
Don't feel Bad :? I'm afraid to try and put my pants on standing up.
And the other day took me 8 seconds to remember how to spell the work "Any" :P

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”