Linux Mint 15 “Olivia” RC released!

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Brahim Salem

Linux Mint 15 “Olivia” RC released!

Post by Brahim Salem »

Do you know guys that Linux Mint 15 “Olivia” RC released! here http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=2361

Image Image
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
wolfyrion

Re: Linux Mint 15 “Olivia” RC released!

Post by wolfyrion »

I cant install this RC Release!

I have an OCZ revodrive 120GB SSD and it can detect my revodrive SO i proceed with the FULL Erase the hard drive and install Mint Cinnamon 15 Olivia

It start copies the files , installing system etc etc but at the end it POPS a msg

EXECUTING 'GRUB-INSTALL /DEV/SDA' FAILED

THIS IS A FATAL ERROR

It prompts me to chooses another location to install the bootloader but whatever I choose to install it it fails... :(

I am gona try download the MATE Version
tman_mint

Post by tman_mint »

I'm having issues installing Deja-Dup backup application. Everything seems to install okay however the GUI doesn't appear when running and there is no menu item installed either. Any advice?
wolfyrion

Post by wolfyrion »

The 14.1 Release Nadia is installing fine
The previous RC Release based on May 9 was installing fine

The Cinnamon and MATE based on May 15 are not installing on my system....

I DONT aprove this RC! :lol:
Brahim Salem

Post by Brahim Salem »

I love the new splash screen it gives Mint a new identity and sets it apart from this messy Ubuntu :D

But I don't approve this RC either! Mate version 32bit froze on me and the shutdown seized functioning :shock:

This did not surprise me at all because I have been running Ubuntu 13.04 for a while and it's the worst operating system on the planet, in history and in the multiuniverse and what surprised me is how Clem and they team managed to get an OS out of that mess :shock: Now Linux Mint it's time to realize your full potential and live to your name. Linux Mint is the best operating system and Mint dev. team are the best. This is a fact and now it's time to build our own base :D Screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew you Ubuntu. I hate Ubutnu with all my heart. It is blowing everything away. I think they should be arrested before developing any other release and screw things up :lol: :lol: Maybe we should take their Canonical too :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PS even my grandmother (who is used to Mint) told me to remove this cluncky purple thing from the machine. She said it 'trips' too much! Damn :lol: :lol: :lol:The should give Mint Canonical to redeem themselves :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”