Time to release Mint 15

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Time to release Mint 15

Post by xenopeek »

Less than 1% of the Linux users out there register. If you include Android and such that use the Linux kernel, it probably drops to less than 0.01%. Ouch :)

It's a nice site and you can automatically track your computers running Linux with some scripts.
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

Whoohoooo!!!!!! :D
Running linux mint 15 right now on a 10" netbook 32 bit with only 1gig of ram and it is smoothhhhhh and quick,well ok starting up takes a bit longer, only cause it's got 1 gig of ram running things, but once in, it is fast and smooth and it only takes a wee bit longer to load in the beginning (not much longer then normal).
I thought this thing would cough up a lung trying to run this but to my amazmement it works great :D
No complaints here.
The sister will be happy :D
Almost don't want to give it back now :lol:
Sam
Brahim Salem

Post by Brahim Salem »

Are you saying that Olivia is out :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

Where ya been man? :lol:
Ya it's out, been installed and played with half of the morning for me until my sister came and took her netbook away from grubby hands after I installed it :lol:
Here go grab yer copy and play away :lol:
http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=2366
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

xenopeek wrote:Less than 1% of the Linux users out there register. If you include Android and such that use the Linux kernel, it probably drops to less than 0.01%. Ouch :)

It's a nice site and you can automatically track your computers running Linux with some scripts.
Ya I guess I should reuse the script again, been awhile since I did it, it was on my last notebook and didn't bother installing and running it on the new one.
Brahim Salem

Post by Brahim Salem »

Is the Cinnamon snappy as on The RC? i hate my 3g connection it sucks man :( On Windows I don't get any connection at night not even an EDGE one but on Linux I still get about 30 kio and that's why I removed Windblows long time ago now I run only Mint :D Roll on night roll on I want to download Olivia :lol: :lol:
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

I didn't install the RC I use LMDE myself, but I have the new cinnamon installed on LMDE with 1.8.2 so it might be abit buggier on mine, but ya it's nice all the way around, my sister just got off the phone to me thanking me, she loves it and hasn't stopped playing with it :lol:
I had her on mint for a couple years now but she likes this version the best.
Had to show her the new toys that came out in mint 15. She really liked the lock out screensaver. and it performed great on her 10" netbook with only 1 gig of ram, which surprised the crap out of me.
I'm just waiting for romeo to upgrade cinnamon to 1.8.6 for my lmde now.
Brahim Salem

Post by Brahim Salem »

I'll register now there. ManI have converted all my town to Linux and in Tunisia Linux is not as famous as in Europe or USA and many people use it. I guess you guess have heard about the contract between China and Canonical to switch all its servers to Linux after ditching XP. If we count only the students using Linux in China we will discover that Linux is more popular than Windows itself :lol: . BTW French army did the same :D Now Cern, NASA and many other science faculties run exclusively Linux :D In the next 5 years Linux will be number 1 OS in the world I'm sure now :D
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

hmmm I didn't folks use Windows as servers anymore, shrugs oh well they eventually learn :lol:
I mean you can use any computer as a server, but as a main server, why would you ever want Windows on that for?
I just went to ms site just to see what their server software cost these days, the site I guess only uses IE because it was buggy as all heck :lol: go figure, Windows :lol:
Never got the reason why folks would pay for Windows server software that, well heck what can I say, is crap, when linux has lots of great server software.
Anyhow off topic I guess I'll be quite now, just really really hate Windows.
Brahim Salem

Post by Brahim Salem »

Microslop Windblows :lol: :lol: :lol: Silly OS

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”