Time to release Mint 15

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Brahim Salem

Time to release Mint 15

Post by Brahim Salem »

When is Mint going to be released! We had enough wait :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Time to release Mint 15

Post by xenopeek »

There is no waiting involved. If you subscribe to the Roadmap's feed you can follow that multiple times per day a lot of issues get resolved. None of the developers are twiddling thumbs :) They are working to resolve issues identified during RC, which is what the RC is for.

The list is shrinking fast; 13 left of the original 82 (though inbetween also some new issues had been added to the list). The Roadmap is here: https://github.com/linuxmint/Roadmap/. The feed here: https://github.com/linuxmint/Roadmap/co ... aster.atom
Brahim Salem

Post by Brahim Salem »

By the way VLC is missing from Mint 15 Mate :D Oops Clem has made a new splash screen and I told him it's dark we want a green and a fullscreen one and he said he's going to see what he can do. Please remind him Xenopeek :D
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Brahim Salem

Post by Brahim Salem »

Great news :D By this rate we'll get Olivia tomorrow :D
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Probably the last few issues will be the tougher ones? Anyway, down to 6 open now. But the ISOs will need to be rebuild to include all the fixes, and then uploaded to all the mirrors again. That will take a few days as well, so tomorrow is unlikely. But soon :)
Brahim Salem

Post by Brahim Salem »

Graet :D I almost forget to tell you that the splash don't show up on reboot or shutdown :D Obsessed with plymouth :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Brahim Salem

Post by Brahim Salem »

I have just finished testing the cinnamon version Man it rocks! thanks
Alors on danse

Image Image Image
Brahim Salem

Post by Brahim Salem »

Bump! Can't install themes on Cinnamon When I click on install it gives me an error message!!!
TBABill
Level 6
Level 6

Post by TBABill »

I think you need a new thread to completely change the topic from 'when will it release' to a theme issue on one DE.
Brahim Salem

Post by Brahim Salem »

How many bugs left :D
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Brahim Salem

Post by Brahim Salem »

Release the storm plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :D
guimaster

Post by guimaster »

I assume the devs don't work on the weekends? Darn, will have to wait until next weekend to install...
Brahim Salem

Post by Brahim Salem »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH !!
kmb42vt
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kmb42vt »

guimaster wrote:I assume the devs don't work on the weekends? Darn, will have to wait until next weekend to install...
Ah well, so give the devs the weekend off. They need to eat sometime or other...and sleep too. :D
"Humph. Choice, it is the quintessential Linux delusion, simultaneously the source of it's greatest strength, and it's greatest weakness." (All apologies to The Architect)
craig10x

Post by craig10x »

Just curious...but i have a question for you Linux Mint "mate" version users: Can you auto-hide the lower panel? (is there a setting for that)...
Also a general question...do you think "mate" will be around for the long run?
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

craig10x wrote:Just curious...but i have a question for you Linux Mint "mate" version users: Can you auto-hide the lower panel? (is there a setting for that)...
Yes, there is an auto-hide setting in the MATE panel.

After running both Mint 15 and Ubuntu 13.04, I've decided to go back to Mint 14 MATE. On my particular hardware the proprietary ATI driver didn't play well with 15, the laptop ran hotter in 15, Mint 14 has a longer support period than 15, and the performance feels "snappier" on Mint 14 MATE.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
craig10x

Post by craig10x »

Thanks tdockery97...glad to hear it has the auto-hide...i've tried the cinnamon versions of mint in recent times (14 and 15) but realized i had never checked out the mate version...and i always liked the ol' mint menu which of course, the mate version has...so i think i need to check it out :D

I'll check out the 15 RC since my home laptop runs on intel, so it's fairly cool (intels generally run somewhat cooler then amds i have found in my experiences running both)...
guimaster

Post by guimaster »

tdockery97 wrote:
craig10x wrote:Just curious...but i have a question for you Linux Mint "mate" version users: Can you auto-hide the lower panel? (is there a setting for that)...
Yes, there is an auto-hide setting in the MATE panel.

After running both Mint 15 and Ubuntu 13.04, I've decided to go back to Mint 14 MATE. On my particular hardware the proprietary ATI driver didn't play well with 15, the laptop ran hotter in 15, Mint 14 has a longer support period than 15, and the performance feels "snappier" on Mint 14 MATE.
It is funny that 14 support lasts longer than 15, silly Ubuntu! I hope that ATI problem doesn't hurt me, because I installed Mint 15 Cinnamon today - I couldn't wait for the Final and I'm glad I didn't! I haven't tried installing the ATI driver yet. If it's a problem I can settle with the open source driver until 16 is released.

I decided on Kubuntu 12.04 due to Full Disk Encryption, but KDE is a pain in the backside. Now that Mint 15 has Encryption and Cinnamon is maturing, I decided it was time to make the leap. Full Disk Encryption is not perfectly implemented yet, and consequently I don't have a swap partition in my dual boot with Vista! I'm the kind of guy who has to go and configure every little setting I can find. In KDE, I couldn't understand half the options that I found! It took so long, and there was boot and shutdown issues, etc.. I spent far too many hours with it, I just didn't want to spend another minute. Amazingly, Cinnamon is catching up to KDE in features quickly, but without the high ram usage. It looks pretty good too, though not as pretty as KDE can be. Changing themes in KDE is another huge pain, but on the other hand you can make it look really good with all of the options available. By default Kubuntu 12.04 was pretty ugly.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”