Thank you, Mint!

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint

Thank you, Mint!

Postby Telinome on Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:11 pm

I want to say "thank you" to the team that develops Mint. Mint was my first experiment with Linux, and while I screwed it up the first few times, I was always able to find a way to fix it, even if that meant reinstalling. Now, when I'm playing around with Linux, I know Mint to be dependable and easy to reinstall. I've tried playing with other distros like Trisquel and gNewSense (to check out the buzz of Free Software distros), but couldn't get the former to even install, and the latter was difficult to install and didn't work with my fairly common hardware. Mint is just so much easier to install, use, and fix if I break it.

So, from a Linux-newbie, thank you for making Mint as accessible and user-friendly as you have! Mint is my main OS now.
Living an Ecumenical Life
"Perhaps the ending has not yet been written."
Telinome
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Thank you, Mint!

Postby kc1di on Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:13 am

Hello Telinome and Welcome to Mint,
Enjoy the ride :)
John 3:16
Morse code an Early
Digital Mode
Registered Linux User #462608
kc1di
Level 6
Level 6

Postby petepc2 on Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:48 am

Would like to join in with another thanks to the mint team, having run this for a couple of months now i can say without a doubt that its the best!

Got fed up with my dayjob as a Window cleaner , and having been given an old-ish laptop that refused to reload the gates of hell decided to try linux
What a nice refreshing tasty mint. recently hard tested this old lappy and mint by running 3 seperate videos in different players, pulling up a bundle of pictures, while surfing the net, playing yet another youtube video and having a game ticking over in the background, as well as a system monitor running

All run faultlessly, no hiccups, no freezing,no crashes, no shades of blue, completely solid i was astounded! this pushed the boundaries on the cpu runnning at 97% for around 30min but what a result. mint handled it with ease.grubby old windows would have been throwing in the towel im sure
Guys youve done a marvellous job. Should they ever give out a nobel prize for computer progamming you richly deserve it. :D
petepc2
Level 1
Level 1

Postby InkKnife on Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:42 pm

My experience is similar. I switched from OSX to Mint a year and a half ago and had some minor issues with LM12 but that was primalily because Cinnamon was so young then. Each iteration has been markedly better and 15 is no exception. The pace of development in Mint is impressive and I look forward to seeing how really nice Mint will be by the next LTS.
I seriously like Cinnamon better than the OSX desktop, The OSX DE is pretty good but it's been stagnant for 10 years and is far behind Cinnamon in features. Nemo is a much, much better file manager than the OSX Finder.
Kudos to the Mint team. Thanks for the really excellent OS.
InkKnife
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Chat about Linux Mint