Aaand an awesome first for me :)

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
SC23

Aaand an awesome first for me :)

Post by SC23 »

I am a web developer by trade. Ive done it for over 15 years in Windows. I just now finished my first little project completely in Mint KDE and billed out next months rent. I actually found a few tools that even worked better than their windows parts I used to use for bonus glory.

Happy Dance with a Hula Hoop.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Aaand an awesome first for me :)

Post by xenopeek »

Congratulations! Especially when your livelihood depends on your computer working with you and not against you, well done on the migration :D

What are some of the tools you picked up?
Snapcase

Post by Snapcase »

What are some of the tools you picked up?
I don't design webs myself, but I would love to hear about them tools too.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

Well done!
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
SC23

Post by SC23 »

xenopeek wrote:What are some of the tools you picked up?
Nothing big really.. I am very happy with Bluefish as my editor.. it rocks the php an syntax code.. the one I was specifically referring to is that in this project, as I have in the past with this client, I needed to create a csv to import into a cpanel online for some database stuff.. my Windows process is to create an Excel spreadsheet, do what I need, export it as csv, open it in notepad++ run a macro to enclose all the fields in quotes, save and upload/import. I found that Libre Spreadsheet allowed me to skip the macro part as it allowed me to configure the export to include the quoted fields.

Apart from that, I am learning Gimp and have ramped up enough to be competent in basic image work and I am really enjoying using dolphin as my ftp client with the dual window thing.. just too kewl.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”