Does Canonical Ltd. support Linux Mint?

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Brahim Salem

Does Canonical Ltd. support Linux Mint?

Post by Brahim Salem »

Today I found an advertisement by Canonical of Ubuntu on Linux MINT'S homepage! Does that mean Canonical is cooperating with Mint :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
wanderer7

Re: Does Canonical Ltd. support Linux Mint?

Post by wanderer7 »

I won't believe it. :shock:
Brahim Salem

Post by Brahim Salem »

wanderer7 wrote:I won't believe it. :shock:
Why is that?
Lingula

Post by Lingula »

The Mint team have no input into whose ads are on their page, and Canonical likely hired an ad agency that places the ads, with minimal input as to where those ads specifically go.
Brahim Salem

Post by Brahim Salem »

Do you mean like Canonical is attacking Mint's website with it's junks :D
wanderer7

Post by wanderer7 »

Brahim wrote:
wanderer7 wrote:I won't believe it. :shock:
Why is that?
Because I don't want to. :D Don't get me wrong, but I don't want Mint to have any connection with Canonical. Maybe what Lingula said is true though.
monkeyboy

Post by monkeyboy »

Old story that has been done to death but always gets trolled up from time to time. All you have to do is watch that ad space to see things change, heck I have even seen Microsoft put up there.
Last edited by monkeyboy on Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Brahim wrote:Do you mean like Canonical is attacking Mint's website with it's junks :D
There is a tendency of yours to take pot shots at Canonical/Ubuntu in your posts of late. Not appreciated. Many users are using multiple or other distros, like still helping here on the Linux Mint forums or contributing to Cinnamon while using Ubuntu. So drop the attitude as it's doing harm to our community.

To those that don't what to use an Ubuntu package base for whatever reason, there is LMDE with its Debian package base :wink: Instead of complaining about Canonical/Ubuntu, go make the LMDE subforums here an awesome place! :D

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”