Donations via Paypal

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Minterator

Donations via Paypal

Post by Minterator »

For some things I just fill out the amount and it’s done. Mint and MATE donation screen asks you to fill out a form every time, including your phone #, otherwise it refuses to process! Why is that? I prefer to make anonymous donation, I don’t want to be included in the list of donors, just the country name (which seems to default to USA). And a suggestion, the payee on my credit card bill shows up as “Root”, that’s very cute but I think the name of the organization would be more appropriate.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Donations via Paypal

Post by clem »

Hi,

I guess this should be reported to Paypal itself. On their side they require some information. I wasn't aware the phone number was required but if you say so, maybe they've changed things recently, I'm not sure.

On our side we give you access to a Web interface where you can set the details yourself. They default to YourFirstName Y. (where Y. is the initial of your lastname) and your country. You can change all that, use a nickname or call yourself anonymous and you can even change the country to another one or to "World".

So you can be 100% anonymous as far as the public is concerned. If you want more privacy and don't want to communicate any details to Paypal, we recommend you use Bitcoin. We also take donations via Bitcoin, our address is on the donors page at http://www.linuxmint.com/donors.php

Note that if you use Bitcoin though, your donation won't be listed anywhere and you won't receive any thank you note from us because we won't know where the money comes from. Bitcoin is completely anonymous.

Many thanks for supporting us.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”