Sound doesnt work and update manager doesnt work - CHECK

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mphlinux

Sound doesnt work and update manager doesnt work - CHECK

Post by mphlinux »

Mint 16

Is it really worth using a OS if the sound doesnt work and neither does the update manager?

These were known problems in 15 and if you ask me the sound and update manager are pretty important. So how come 16 has been released with the same problems? Can some one fill me in if I am missing something here, please.

Thank you
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Sound doesnt work and update manager doesnt work - CHECK

Post by Monsta »

mphlinux wrote:Is it really worth using a OS if the sound doesnt work and neither does the update manager?
Is it really worth writing a message in such a tone that sounds like "of course, everybody knows that sound and the update manager don't work"?
What if, say, ten users come in and respond "sound and the update manager work, I confirm that"?
mphlinux

Post by mphlinux »

Monsta wrote:
mphlinux wrote:Is it really worth using a OS if the sound doesnt work and neither does the update manager?
Is it really worth writing a message in such a tone that sounds like "of course, everybody knows that sound and the update manager don't work"?
What if, say, ten users come in and respond "sound and the update manager work, I confirm that"?
I'm going to assume those questions are rhetorical. I don't see your point.

The purpose of my post was to vent anger (pathetic), see if other users could share their oppinions and possibly offer some advice and knowledge about linux mint and its development.
fraxinus_63

Post by fraxinus_63 »

mphlinux wrote:The purpose of my post was to vent anger (pathetic), see if other users could share their oppinions and possibly offer some advice and knowledge about linux mint and its development.
As much as I love Linux Mint, if there is one thing that sometimes frustrates me it is sound (in particular, I find that sound settings occasionally get changed during updates). However, someone else in the community may have have encountered your issues and may well be able to guide you towards fixing them. Have you posted a query on this specific point on the Sound and Multimedia board of this forum, describing the symptoms you experience? What sound card do you use?

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”