Linux Mint Forum - custom PHP datetime string - wrong TZ

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jgmiller

Linux Mint Forum - custom PHP datetime string - wrong TZ

Post by jgmiller »

In my profile, User Control Panel -> Board Preferences -> Edit global settings -> My TimeZone, I have correctly set the timezone to CET and that works as expected for all the preset formats available.

And it does say at the bottom of the page " All times are UTC + 1 hour".

But after changing the display date time format from preset to PHP custom format string specified by "Y-m-d H:i:s\h T", everything is being shewn with a GMT time zone designation even though the time is the correct value for CET, eg

"It is currently 2014-02-14 23:16:37h GMT"

when it should say

"It is currently 2014-02-14 23:16:37h CET"

Is this a bug or do I need to change the PHP custom format string to get it to shew the time zone as CET rather than GMT?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Habitual

Re: Linux Mint Forum - custom PHP datetime string - wrong TZ

Post by Habitual »

did you refresh your cache here?
jgmiller

Post by jgmiller »

Habitual wrote:did you refresh your cache here?
My cache here is well and truly refreshed.

I have logged in an out of the forum several times since I changed to the custom string about 2 weeks ago and the time zone remains as GMT even though the time value is the correct CET value.

"All times are UTC + 1 hour" but "It is currently 2014-02-21 19:07:51h GMT"
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

This is a known issue in phpBB: https://www.phpbb.com/bugs/ascraeus/tic ... t_id=19645. As a workaround, either just drop the "T" from your date string or put in literal text with your timezone.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”