Mint is purely GNOME or does it install KDE libraries?

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint

Mint is purely GNOME or does it install KDE libraries?

Postby stodge on Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:45 pm

The homepage announces that the new release includes Amarok, which is a KDE application. Does this mean Mint installs KDE libraries? Or is Mint purely GNOME?

Thanks
stodge
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

what do you think

Postby zonamint on Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:17 am

What do you think?

How can Amarok works without KDE library ? -.-

OFCOURSE IT INCLUDES KDE LIBRARYS!!!!!!!!!!
zonamint
Level 2
Level 2

Postby NiksaVel on Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:57 am

:D :D :D zonamint chill out a bit man...
NiksaVel
Level 5
Level 5

Postby AlsaPhil on Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:00 am

AlsaPhil
Level 4
Level 4

Postby NiksaVel on Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:38 am

hehe... if you need to vent your frustration... find a windows support forum and vent away...

lot of people have noob linux questions... up to a month ago I couldn't even properly compile a program.... but it is the community that makes the biggest difference here... we need to help eachother out ... especially help the guys who just got themselves a new install of linux...

we're not cold corporate automatons but also we're not (or at least shouldn't be) snot nosed egoistical techno freaks... a lot of people just want to get a stable operating system to surf around and read their mail... there's no better than linux for it... but it can be quite a pain to set up a new linux install... especially for people comming in from a windows os...

I know most things are supposed to "just work" but I'll be damned if I EVER had an install of ANYTHING that "just worked - the way I wanted it to"... it was bloody hell for me to configure my first linux box... and EVERYTHING was a problem which led to yet another problem... it was the pleasant and helpful community that got me through and made me see the light....
NiksaVel
Level 5
Level 5

ok...

Postby zonamint on Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:45 pm

Well i apologize for my manners...its that my native language is not english and i say things the same way we say them in Uruguay :P

I undestand maybe i exceed with some vocabulary or answers...im sorry next time i will respond in a correct way.

@AlsaPhil , im only a Linux Mint user...trying to help community ....sometimes my lack of english vocabulary or knowledge makes it understand different for what i really wanted to say... and well only what i have to say is sorry im conscious i exceed limits sometime...will not happen again =(
zonamint
Level 2
Level 2

Postby AlsaPhil on Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:53 pm

You are welcome zonamint :D
Incident is over, therefore forgotten :lol:
AlsaPhil
Level 4
Level 4

Postby zonamint on Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:15 pm

thank you :) im happy of being part of the forum... its my start up page at mozilla :D
zonamint
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Chat about Linux Mint