Very Happy with Linux Mint 17!

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Poltergeist04

Very Happy with Linux Mint 17!

Post by Poltergeist04 »

Switching over from the "Buntu" family. So far am very happy with my experience with Linux Mint. One thing that I had trouble with on all of the Buntus worked flawlessly on Linux Mint. Installing Nvidia drivers on any of the Buntus resulted in for me my text everywhere including the login screen would become microscopic and had to manually change my DPI settings and font size. With Linux Mint no such glitch ever occurred for me. Very happy with all the software that comes bundled up with Linux Mint. Perfect operating system in my opinion. Thank you Linux Mint! :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
k357k9
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Very Happy with Linux Mint 17!

Post by k357k9 »

Welcome. :D
It was trying to get a DVD to play that made me switch to LM8.
Poltergeist04

Post by Poltergeist04 »

k357k9 wrote:Welcome. :D
It was trying to get a DVD to play that made me switch to LM8.
What made me switch was that graphical glitch. And Kubuntu being annoying with setting up sound and a mic.
k357k9
Level 4
Level 4

Post by k357k9 »

It is amazing how very different your experience can be on any computer with differents distros -- or even within distros. With LM16, I switched from Mate to Cinnamon because of issues.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”