Freshly Minted Noob

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.

Freshly Minted Noob

Post by Guest »

Hello all. My First post on this forum.

Hello my name is Barry and I am a Windowholic
It is said that the recognition of ones addiction is the first step in kicking that addiction. I consider this to be that first step. But I must confess that I will keep WinXP for my games until Linux can completely take over. Flame me if you must but that is my story and I am sticking to it.

I have been using Microsoft OS's since the days of DOS but after seeing Vista I no longer like the direction Windows is taking. So here I am with my first Installation of Linux.

Why Linux Mint?
It is the only Linux distro I tried where everything worked without having to download Codecs and Install Flash etc. I am sure that there is lot more to love about Mint but the above reasons are what helped me make the decision to install it over the other distros I tried. Coming from the days of DOS I am comfortable with a terminal window but will avoid it if the GUI can do it.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
sarahmarienc

Re: Freshly Minted Noob

Post by sarahmarienc »

Welcome and hope your mint experience is a wonderful one! I'm pretty new here too but I love Mint more and more. Glad to see another new face. Hope you enjoy our forum. It really is a lovely place to get to know other Mint users and ask questions about anything you may be having trouble with or wondering about.
proxima_centauri

Post by proxima_centauri »

Welcome.
I too boot XP for games, anybody who flames you for that is an idiot.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

Welcome to LinuxMint! You will not get flamed for duel booting XP. My Wife still has XP to run her games and heck, I still talk to her once in a while. :mrgreen:
Seriously though, nice to have you in the forum!
Fred

Post by Fred »

Barry_R,

Welcome Barry. I hope you don't mind, but I just made a note to myself to call on you when I have questions about Windows. I find it so confusing and unintuitive. :-)

Fred

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”