How long is each release supported for?

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Old Marcus

How long is each release supported for?

Post by Old Marcus »

Hi guys, just asking how long each release is supported for? Most specifically Daryna. I generally follow a pattern of 'upgrade when my current release stops being supported', so wouldn't mind knowing when that is. I've probably made a completely useless thread but I could find this info around. So if any one knows, it would be nice to know. :)

Cheers,

Marcus
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: How long is each release supported for?

Post by Husse »

We'll keep our packages "for ever" However a large number of packages are Ubuntu ones and when Ubuntu stop supporting Gutsy this effects Daryna as well
Support for Feisty just stopped so it will take a while ...
Old Marcus

Post by Old Marcus »

Cool, it's just I tried Elyssa a while ago but got a horrible resolution problem that I couldn't resolve, so rolled back to Daryna.
Old Marcus

Post by Old Marcus »

I tried resolving the problem in both Mint 5 and Ubuntu Hardy, but couldn't mainly because the screens and graphics option was removed. If anyone has a solution I would gladly roll forward to Elyssa again. :)
Husse

Post by Husse »

the screens and graphics option was removed
Not quite

Code: Select all

sudo displayconfig-gtk
There it is - there are some issues with it (don't remember what) so it's been taken out of the menu in Elyssa/Hardy as they are LTS releases
Husse

Post by Husse »

dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg
Does not work in Elyssa/Hardy due to the new X server - you only get to configure the mouse and keyboard
Old Marcus

Post by Old Marcus »

xorg.conf right? So if I wanted to add 1280x1024 @ 60hz into it, what would I add? bearing in Mind I'm settle back into Daryna atm and I don't have the time to mess around with my OS too much atm. It doesn't generally constitute a valid excuse for lack of course work, sadly.

"Why isn't this assignment in yet?"
"Well, I had it half done, but then I went and wiped GRUB, and so have been spending my time fixing it sir"
"Pull the other one, it's got bells on."

See? :P

I'll hopefully have time to piddle about during half-term though. :)
Husse

Post by Husse »

@ Old Marcus
Open a new topic in the support section and we'll catch on from there
Old Marcus

Post by Old Marcus »

Ok, sorry, this thread was originally a curiosity question, but it's gone a bit tech-support.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”