Flash Block with Mint 17

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lexon

Flash Block with Mint 17

Post by lexon »

Been running 17 Cinnamon since it was release.
I have noticed that Flash Block 4.20.13 not longer stops flash videos. The videos start playing without me clicking on the F icon.
No idea if this is Firefox or sites have found a way around the Add On. I also use Ad block Plus 2.64.
Running FF 31.0.
My other laptop with Mint 16 Mate does not have this issue. Flash Block works as advertised. Interesting.

L
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
InkKnife
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Flash Block with Mint 17

Post by InkKnife »

lexon wrote:Been running 17 Cinnamon since it was release.
I have noticed that Flash Block 4.20.13 not longer stops flash videos. The videos start playing without me clicking on the F icon.
No idea if this is Firefox or sites have found a way around the Add On. I also use Ad block Plus 2.64.
Running FF 31.0.
My other laptop with Mint 16 Mate does not have this issue. Flash Block works as advertised. Interesting.

L
I would try uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin.
i7 3770, 12GB of ram, 256GB SSD, 64GB SSD, 750GB HDD, 1TB HDD, Cinnamon.
CupidsHelper

Post by CupidsHelper »

Hello, lexon. I do not know about Flash Block 4.20.13 add-on, but for me I set up in add-ons tab, under the plugins section, I have the plugin set to "Ask To Activate". No more automatically running flash. Hope that helps. :)
lexon

Post by lexon »

CupidsHelper wrote:Hello, lexon. I do not know about Flash Block 4.20.13 add-on, but for me I set up in add-ons tab, under the plugins section, I have the plugin set to "Ask To Activate". No more automatically running flash. Hope that helps. :)
There are six items under Plug Ins. All have Ask to activate. They have nothing to do with preventing flash videos from running. I have no idea what you mean

When I am viewing Yahoo News, a video every so often will run automatically. Not all.
ofb

Post by ofb »

Actually, in your screenshot Flash is shown as Always Activate, not Ask to Activate.

Your Mint 16 laptop probably still works because Mint 16 is no longer supported, so it is not getting updated.
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=173378

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”