I found me a Linux HOME Thanks Clem and Everyone

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Re: I found me a Linux HOME Thanks Clem and Everyone

Post by Husse »

:oops:
We bow our heads
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JawsThemeSwimming428
Level 1
Level 1

Post by JawsThemeSwimming428 »

I'm a somewhat new Mint user and I am impressed as well. Who knew something that was built on Ubuntu could be this stable and feature rich? Not that I am bad mouthing Ubuntu but I don't think I would ever use it again as my main desktop distro. Too many instability issues. Mint is definitely one of the most refined I have come a cross. Glad you like it.
Husse

Post by Husse »

I just skimmed the last post above
Kernel, kernel, kernel :)
With each new kernel new hardware is supported, and the support for some antiquated hardware dropped
Unfortunately this has the unfortunate side effect that some hardware (and for that matter software) that "should not" be affected still is
This is very much upstream and nothing any distro that does not make it's own kernel can do much about
Husse

Post by Husse »

All of a sudden start working again in Version"E"?
I don't know but two qualified guesses can be
one of the side effects I was talking about
You see some of this working - not working things can be just at the margin....
or
the kernel guys have discovered that it did not work but should and they re-enabled the thing..
Husse

Post by Husse »

Well I got some "left overs" from my son (everything for a good computer with an AMD64 except casing and graphics card) so I bought an ATI card to get some problems to solve - works absolutely perfectly without a single prob....

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”