Mint saved my life... (Mint anecdotes)

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
qbicdesign

Mint saved my life... (Mint anecdotes)

Post by qbicdesign »

a rather cool anecdote:

Today i was in a business meeting with a new client about a new website he needs designing. I was using my laptop with Mint installed on it, thats the first time i used it for real work, and it seemed to attract some attention. At the end of the meeting my client started to complain about a pdf which he needed to print, but for some crazy reason the print feature had been locked. Knowing that i had dealt with that before I offered to take the file home and fix it with Adobe Acrobat (in Windows). So he gave me the file on a memory stick which i then inserted into my laptop. Then i began to wonder what Mint could do for me. I opened the pdf in Mint's default pdf viewer (Envince) selected print > print to pdf in documents folder, Copied the new file back to the memory stick and handed it back to my client who was duly amazed that he could now print it.

Sweet !
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
badmotor

Re: Mint to the rescue

Post by badmotor »

Haha excellent.
qbicdesign

Post by qbicdesign »

Anyone else care to post anecdotes on how Mint saved your (or someone elses) life?
would make this a very cool thread :D
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Post by 67GTA »

I used Mint 5 live CD to chroot into my father-in-law's Ubuntu 6.06 partition yesterday to change his password. I installed it for him 3 years ago and he had turned off the autologin on Nov.1st, and couldn't remember the password.

I used Mint 5 live CD to heal my daughter's boot.ini file that had gotten corrupted in Win XP.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
qbicdesign

Post by qbicdesign »

heh.. nice
qbicdesign

Re: Mint saved my life...

Post by qbicdesign »

Didn't exactly save my life but its a cool anecdote anyway.
I was in UK over christmas visiting family. Obviously i had my laptop with me, beaten up but still working... running Mint of course.
My 7 year old niece peering over my shoulder said "Wow uncle Phil, you have a really cool computer!"
First impressions really do count...
Mint=Cool

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”