mint and personal views...

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Re: mint and personal views...

Post by clem »

FedoraRefugee: I had to edit the text three times after I was explained by people that the way I wrote the initial post didn't reflect what I meant in the comments. So you're right about that, it wasn't just on the wrong blog, it was also poorly written. It's still quite brief and it doesn't explain "why", but it's clear now, it's not confusing anymore, and this time it's in the right place.

Clem.
mercier

Post by mercier »

infamous wrote:I'm twice as happy to be using Linux Mint now that we are free of the Zionists.
no, you're not :D
sarahmarienc

Post by sarahmarienc »

Clem,

I think you made an honest mistake. I also think you learned and won't make it again. I'm glad you now have a personal blog where you can post things on your heart. I think you handled this well considering all the comments and posts and unsolicited feedback you received.

Thank you for a wonderful distro. Thank you for being man enough to say "guys, I'm sorry." I hope people will see that you did what you could to make amends.

-Sarah
mercier

Post by mercier »

clem wrote: I was called anti-Semitic by many (which I find absolutely ridiculous and extremely "cheap")
oh, so it's you, who is the victim, now :mrgreen:

you are an antisemite even acording to the definition of antisemitism by the european comission.
Examples of the ways in which antisemitism manifests itself with regard to the state of Israel taking into account the overall context could include:

Applying double standards by requiring of it a behavior not expected or demanded of any other democratic nation.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

mercier: I expressed an opinion against a country and its government, I couldn't care less what religion or color of skin people have. If you actually think I'm racist then I'm sorry to say but you're a real idiot. You're on your first step to Godwin's path here. What are you going to call me next, "<violates forum rules>"?
mercier

Post by mercier »

clem wrote:mercier: I expressed an opinion against a country and its government, I couldn't care less what religion or color of skin people have. If you actually think I'm racist then I'm sorry to say but you're a real idiot. You're on your first step to Godwin's path here. What are you going to call me next, "<violates forum rules>"?
take your issues to european comission if you have them. their wording and your "position" match perfectly. excuse me for pointing that out.

if i were you, i would take time to actually learn facts, before allowing myself to react "emotionally" to half thruths.

i mean, in your grand sympathy towards "palestinians" it's just a pure coincidence that you didn't ask supporters of lebanese government to not participate in your project, or jordanian, or egyptian, or iraqi, but solely the israelis.

200.000 dead chechens are not enough for you to ask the russians to leave your project

500.000 dead sudanese are not enough for you to ask the sudanese muslims to leave your project.

10.000 killed "palestinians" in one month are not enough for you to ask the jordanians to leave your project.

the destruction of a "palestinian" refugee camp and murder of over 400 civilians in lebanon a year and a half ago are not enough for you to ask the jordanians to leave your project. i bet you can't even name the place before googling for it.

want to talk about sabra i shatilla? the actual perpetrators of the massacre, which was answer to similar one perpetrated by palestinians in damur (ever heard of damur, clem?), were who?

and did you know that their commander, the person who led the assault spent the next 18 years as a member of lebanese government?

if you want my opinion on why europeans like yourself believe in the "poor opressed palestinians" regardless of enough FACTS to prove differently (especially in 21st century where information can always be checked) it is because you WANT to believe that.

just like centuries of your ancestors wanted to believe that we killed christ, or spread plague or murder children for blood...

PS - when catholic church finally absolved jews of the deicide - at the second vatican council - your arab friends - the arab league, wrote a threatening letter to the vatican - because as they said "being from the middle east, we know the true nature of a jew".
occupation?
in 1964?
where dou you even find the word occupation in hamas charter...?
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

I'm proud of my opinions and I apologized for posting them on the wrong blog. The last thing I'm interested in right now is to debate politics here on the Mint forum with someone who just called me racist :|
midas
Level 4
Level 4

Post by midas »

I think everything by everyone is being said by now.

Time to close the subject and focus ourselves on the next wonderful release of Mint 7.

Many thanks to all of you!!
Linux Mint 17.3 Cinnamon (64 bits)
andersau
Level 2
Level 2

Post by andersau »

Hi Guys,

I think Clem was brave in expressing his original opinions, but even braver in removing his original blog post and apologizing.

Mint is a great distribution and it would be a shame if it was damaged because of a difference of opinion. I would have no hesitation recommending Mint to anyone, and I think Clem's noble actions have helped the cause of Mint and also Linux. Well done Clem!
Fred

Post by Fred »

I wasn't going to comment on this thread at all, but I think the time has come. midas hit the nail square on the head. It has already been admitted that mistakes have been made. We are all human, and humans make mistakes. An opportunity has been given for some venting. It is time to move on.

Wars have been fought, many debates have taken place, and many thousands have died in the last two thousand years trying to resolve these religious and political issues. There is absolutely no chance that these issues will be resolved here, in the Linux Mint forum.

I have been on BBs, news groups, IRC, and forums for many years. Well, since there were any. I can tell you with some degree of certainty that you are very close to experiencing the kiss of death for this project. This is the way it starts. You are playing with gasoline and matches. So many have worked so hard to make Mint what it is. Please don't burn it down.

I would urge all of you to not post about this issue any further, especially Clem. Let it go and let's get back to putting our efforts into what we have a common interest in, Linux and Linux Mint. There is still much to do and much to learn.

Husse, I hope you will see fit to lock this thread. It has served it purpose. It is time to get back to what this forum was intended for, helping new users and making Mint better.

Respectfully submitted,

Fred
anticapitalista
Level 2
Level 2

Post by anticapitalista »

I just stumbled across this and would like to express my solidarity and support with clem on this issue.

My distro (antiX-M8) was also criticised for its release name (to put it mildly) and in fact the release name was removed from Distrowatch.

Well done to sticking to your principles.
We and the Palestinians need more people like you.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Fred: I will follow your advice. I agreed with drawing a clear line between opinions and project and I will stick to it here and follow your request to lock the thread.

Thread locked.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”