The folder contents could not be displayed

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
willxtreme

The folder contents could not be displayed

Post by willxtreme »

The folder contents could not be displayed.
Sorry, could not display all the contents of "Music": Failed to get file list: -8: Fixed limit exceeded

That's the error I get when I try to browse the Music folder of my Creative Zen.

(There's a proprietary software that comes with it but it's optional because I remember in Windows XP it would recognize it as a MTP device with WMP11 and I could access the folder to drag and drop my mp3s without problems)

Anyone else got that error before probably with an mp3 player? What should I do? :cry:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tamikan

Re: The folder contents could not be displayed

Post by tamikan »

Some people can't jump in the Linux world yet because not all MP3 players are supported. Since Linux is in constant evolution, you might be able to use your MP3 players, digital cameras without much efforts in the future. Who knows? Maybe in Linux Mint 8. With an Ipod thanksfully, it's easily recognized in Amarok and much more applications. For your Creative Zen, it falls in the MTP family unfortunatly. UMS & MSC mp3 players work like a mass storage device so it's easy to drag & drop your mp3s. MTP mp3 players tend not to be compatible without a 3rd party program (which is often for Windowze). My suggestion would be for you to keep a windowze partition just for your mp3 player while it is not supported by Linux.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”