Burned two linux mint for a newbie co-worker

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
pcdoctor

Burned two linux mint for a newbie co-worker

Post by pcdoctor »

I was able to persuade a co-worker to try out Mint. I showed her a boot CD with Ubuntu 8.04 and a flash drive with LM 4 KDE. She was awed at what I could do without being logged into our work server. Surf the Internet, play games, openoffice, etc. She gave me three blank DVD+Rs. I burned "LM 5 KDE" and "LM 5" for her. I couldn't think of what to put on the 3rd disc. (I use the Ubuntu 8.04 CD and LM 4 KDE as emergency boot devices in case customer's XP laptops will not boot and I have to save their data to flash drive)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Burned two linux mint for a newbie co-worker

Post by Pierre »

That's the trick - we <all> need to keep giving away those CDs / DvDs to OPs.
the lure of a non M$ O/S is always a great drawcard.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
lexon

Re: Burned two linux mint for a newbie co-worker

Post by lexon »

I am still trying to convince my stepson to use Mint 7. We have identical Acer Aspire laptops. Mine runs Mint 7. His Vista Basic. Today his antivirus found some viruses, again. He knows how to clean it up but still a pain.
He knows I keep some Mint 7 ISO CD's handy. I can wait.
I gave my brother a Mint 7 CD few days ago. While my brother was visiting, I let hime use my Acer laptop with Mint. He seemed to like it. I told him to at least practice running Live CD for a little while on his PC when he gets home.

lexon

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”