Hi fella's just thought i would say hi

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Vedek

Hi fella's just thought i would say hi

Post by Vedek »

Well hi everyone,
This is my first time using Linux mint but not to linux, well i think that if i tell you what brought me here then you might get a better idea of me,

i have used started to move to Linux as an experiment, i do bits of programming and generally tinker under the hood of the PC, so i installed a version ubuntu on my netbook but up i have balked at the thought of putting it on my main pc cos well my PC has a number of windows depended programs and i wasn't keen on getting rid of them and i also figure that i have been using windows for so long i didn't really want to give it up, well i sat at my desk tonight and decided to take the plunge and install Linux mint on my main pc naturally after testing with the live disc, which it has all worked, even picked up my speaker set which i thought it wouldn't, i then figured that the excuses that i made are not valid, plus i have the experience of working with ubuntu i figure that i could get through any problems i might have. So here goes the few hours of backing up my computer life, and plunging in, i would be lying if i wasn't a bit apprehensive because i am slightly but i know that once i do it and get settled then it will be great, plus i hope to contribute to the community once i do get settled.

So to everyone out there here is your new member cheers

Paddy aka Vedek
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DrHu

Re: Hi fella's just thought i would say hi

Post by DrHu »

Vedek wrote:Well hi everyone,
This is my first time using Linux mint but not to linux, well i think that if i tell you what brought me here then you might get a better idea of me,
i then figured that the excuses that i made are not valid, plus i have the experience of working with ubuntu i figure that i could get through any problems i might have...
Cheers mate..

I think you are quite right about excuses, they aren't often that good/real ones..
--and people do get seriously distracted by the advertisers/marketers continuous messages (24x7)
Vedek

Re: Hi fella's just thought i would say hi

Post by Vedek »

linux is providing solutions for the it wont work excuse really quickly, plus i love the feel of linux its so clean, but its the community that is a brilliant feature if not the best bit, if i have a problem then i can chat to the actual creator of the program and they can help me or there are people in here that have helped make mint what it is and they will help because of the passion they have, i think window has definitely lost its passion - even though they say they haven'tc 8)

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”