A minty fresh newbie does the happy dance

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint

A minty fresh newbie does the happy dance

Postby RabbleVox on Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:11 pm

Hello folks. This distro is just slicker than green goose ****, but then you probably already know it. It's not just having the codecs installed, I taught myself how to do that the first time I flailed in Ubuntu. And it's not just that my broadcom 4306 was configured and running in minutes, again, I learned how to do it myself the hard way.

Mint has a polish, a feel, a fit that just oozes professionalism. Not only are my distro-hopping, dual-booting days over at long last, but this is one that I can show off even to my dad who still wrestles with that "new-fangled email"

I know every distro has it's advocates, and there's no one "best" flavor of Linux, but dammit, I'm sold.

I'll be back with questions later, but for now I'm grooving on everything working out of the box for the first time in my short Linux life.

My profound thanks to Clement and everyone else who contributed to this tasty-fresh piece of goodness.

(and if anyone is going to be at the Ubuntu/O'Reilly Con next week in Portland, look for the guy with a Che Guevara sticker on his laptop and say hi) :wink:
RabbleVox
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby nelamvr6 on Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:22 am

Welcome! It is schweet, isn't it? 8)
nelamvr6
Level 4
Level 4

Postby clem on Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:34 pm

Welcome to Mint, glad you like it :)

Clem
clem
Level 15
Level 15

Return to Chat about Linux Mint