What can I say

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint

What can I say

Postby jellicletrb on Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:40 am

I've read over some of the post praising Linux Mint, and there just isn't much more for me to add. You folks have done an truly incredible job, I love it. I started using an Ubuntu/XP dual boot about a year ago because I do everything (banking/shopping/paying bills) online, and I was worried about XP's security. I tried the Mac Mini, but found I didn't like the dock in Mac OS at all, so now the Mini is running Linux mint as well as of yesterday :lol:

Mint falls into that "perfect" category for me, flashier than Ubuntu, but not as heavy as Kubuntu....just right. The Menu is taking a little getting used to, but I totally love how complete and functional the menu is. So, over the last few days, I have ended up with Linux Mint on a Toshiba Laptop, an EMachines desktop, and a Mac Mini, all working beautifully. The Laptop is still dual boot, between Mint and XP, because of the winmodem. Up here in the backwoods, my DSL will fail every now and then, and I use the modem for a backup.

Very nice OS, and many thanks to everyone involved.
jellicletrb
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby jellicletrb on Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:05 am

....aaaaand, no one cares. Oh well, it's still a really nice Distro. Think I'll keep it. I'll pop back in if I run up on anything that I can't figure out. :)
jellicletrb
Level 1
Level 1

Postby carlos on Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:33 am

Welcome aboard! Did you get mint to work on an "intel" mac mini or PPC?
____________ ________ ______ ____ ___ __ __ _
http://www.designdrifter.com
The Purpose of Life is for DNA to reproduce.
carlos
Level 5
Level 5

Postby djross95 on Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:24 pm

I'm curious about that as well.......... Does Mint install cleanly on a Parallels - equipped Mac? That would be good to know, as I am considering buying one.

Glad you like Mint!
djross95
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Chat about Linux Mint