Hi all.

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint

Hi all.

Postby khanate on Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:40 am

Hello Mint team.

I'm Mark, a linux nut and web/graphic designer from New Zealand, also getting good at programming. This looks to be the first Linux distro i have come across that is both high quality and contains all the "essential" desktop files (MP3, DVD) e.c.t

I am very interested in helping out the effort and pushing for a "Free" distribution (Free as in 'free to use' not the FSF version of free) with all the drivers and codecs that are essential for the desktop.

If you need any graphics done for Mint, website work or anything else just let me know.

8)
khanate
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby clem on Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:57 am

Hi Khanate,

You are most definitely welcome to help us on these. As you can see our website layout could do with some new ideas. We are about to change it, but if you can come with some ideas, we're very interested:

http://linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36

Also, Barbara lacks proper Live CD splash and usplash artwork. This is probably the most urgent problem for us, as far as artwork is concerned.

Finally, we'd love to see some artwork based on the Mint concept, icons, styles, wallpapers, screensavers.. our limit is your imagination :)
clem
Level 15
Level 15

Postby clem on Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:59 am

oh, and did I mention the poor quality of our logo ? (I hope Lisa is not reading that...) :oops: :lol:
clem
Level 15
Level 15

Postby khanate on Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:21 pm

Easy as anything man.

Give me a few concept ideas/ color themes and i can do all of the graphics to match.

I was thinking a black/green gloss would look good. Black being the dominant color/ background color with a lot of green on the foreground.

My new PC arrives tomorrow so i will begin work.

One idea. How about a sub forum for the development team to discuss issues, without public posts.
khanate
Level 1
Level 1

Postby clem on Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:43 pm

I think the IRC is probably better for that, or the MPs on the forum. I like the idea of a forum where everybody can read and write on each sub-forum without any restricted areas... (I eventually move some posts from one place to another if needed, but the basic idea is for everybody to see everything and to be able to reply to everything).

I think there are many color schemes we can explore... blue/turquoise, blue/dark_blue, black/green, turquoise/green... it's entirely up to you. If you have ideas, go for it.

We'll probably release Bea in mid-december, so that leaves us a month to come with a nice theme for it. The priority is the usplash theme and the LiveCD splash... because at the moment we're using the ones from Ubuntu. After that we can have fun with the icons, the wallpapers, and the whole lot :)
clem
Level 15
Level 15

Postby khanate on Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:56 pm

I can possibly get that done by mid December, i need to learn to theme gnome. I will look for some good themes in the mean time,

Actually, i think: http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=48756

Would be the perfect theme for Bea. All we have to do then is create the logo and wallpapers.

As far as icon sets go, i don't think there is a better icon pack out there than the current Tango icons.
khanate
Level 1
Level 1

Postby sanford42 on Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:23 pm

just installed it and applied it..

you're right... this is awesome!
sanford42
Level 1
Level 1

Postby darkNiGHTs on Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:05 pm

Glad to see the visual part is being worked on too. Not many linuxes look great out of the box, some a little unattractive until you customize it yourself.
darkNiGHTs
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Chat about Linux Mint