Mint Forum so much better than the rest!

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint

Mint Forum so much better than the rest!

Postby jbaerbock on Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:16 pm

Maybe it is just me but it seems the Mint forums contain much nicer people than those in the Ubuntu forums. I use Kubuntu right now just because there is no Mint KDE edition that fits on one CD yet and Gnome's lack of options annoys me. So I have posted two polls on ubuntu forums thus far. My first two poll ever.

Well people started telling me they didn't like the options. The poll was for information I wanted to know so they proceeded to scold me for tons of "bad options" I had in the poll.

My first true impression of the Linux community was based on the Mint forum but I am starting to see that this was a Mint community attitude that differed from Ubuntu attitude. Sorry this is a long rant but just wanted to say I miss Mint :(.
jbaerbock
Level 4
Level 4

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby msgnomer on Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:56 pm

Aww, I agree it's pretty nice here. :)

I read the christian/atheist/agnostic poll and I can understand why some might feel left out and/or annoyed by the options (although they certainly don't have to vote, they are free to express their views). That area of the forum seems to be an area for more "intense" discussion, too. So you may need to wear some flame retardant pants while posting in there. :P
Jess
msgnomer
Level 2
Level 2

Postby jbaerbock on Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:37 pm

Apparently so lol. Was trained as a firefighter way back when maybe I should go borrow some :D.
jbaerbock
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Chat about Linux Mint