Linux Mint Fundraiser... Help out Linux Mint

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint

Linux Mint Fundraiser... Help out Linux Mint

Postby katasuka on Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:38 pm

Greetings,

I just thought of an idea to help Linux Mint. I have a Pro Account at CafePress and a section devoted to Linux Mint.

There are lots of good artists who use Linux Mint, along with a lot of fans of Linux Mint.

My idea, I want to have anyone who can do designs to make up designs that are themed for Linux Mint (like case badges, shirts, hats, mugs, mousepads, etc) and submit them here in a reply. I will put the designs on products and do a fair mark-up on the products. When the products sell, the profits will be donated to Linux Mint. Make sure to mention what products you want the design on.

This way, the artists get exposure, Linux Mint gets exposure, Linux Mint will have a set of Community Contributed Products, and Linux Mint will get the profits so they can pay for things like hosting, bandwidth, etc.

I don't want any money from this, I'm doing good as it is in life. However, I feel it is a shame that such a great distro like Linux Mint can't afford to buy needed bandwidth and hosting to host the ISO's and such. Plus Linux Mint is totally awesome and the products will help get the word out.

Below is a list of products designs can be put on.

» Mug » Large Mug » White T-Shirt » Mousepad » Sweatshirt » Long Sleeve T-Shirt » Jr. Jersey T-Shirt » Light T-Shirt » Stein » Boxer Shorts » Tote Bag » Messenger Bag » Hooded Sweatshirt » Teddy Bear » Tile Coaster » Baseball Jersey » BBQ Apron » Golf Shirt » Wall Clock » Sticker (Rectangular) » Sticker (Oval) » Small Poster » Large Poster » Small Framed Print » Large Framed Print » Black Cap » Infant/Toddler T-Shirt » Kids Light T-Shirt » Infant Bodysuit » Bib » Yearly Calendar » Wall Calendar » Postcards (Package of 8) » Greeting Cards (Pk of 10) » Classic Thong » Framed Panel Print » Tile Box » Women's T-Shirt » Sticker (Bumper) » Mini Poster Print » Jr. Spaghetti Tank » Journal » Trucker Hat » Jr. Raglan » Jr. Hoodie » Ornament (Oval) » Fitted T-Shirt » Yellow T-Shirt » Green T-Shirt » Women's Light T-Shirt » Dog T-Shirt » Organic Cotton Tee » Jr. Ringer T-Shirt » Women's Tank Top » Men's Sleeveless Tee » Button » Magnet » 2.25" Button (10 pack) » 2.25" Button (100 pack) » 2.25" Magnet (10 pack) » 2.25" Magnet (100 pack) » Ornament (Round) » Throw Pillow » Ringer T » Women's Raglan Hoodie » Women's Tracksuit » Kids Hoodie » Women's Cap Sleeve T-Shirt » Kids Sweatshirt » Kids Baseball Jersey » Rectangle Magnet » Rectangle Magnet (10 pack) » Rectangle Magnet (100 pack) » Cap » Mini Button » Mini Button (10 pack) » Mini Button (100 pack) » Framed Tile » Dark T-Shirt » Long Sleeve Dark T-Shirt » Women's Dark T-Shirt » Oversized Wall Calendar » Vertical Wall Calendar » Women's Long Sleeve Dark T-Shirt » Women's Long Sleeve T-Shirt » Women's V-Neck T-Shirt » Women's V-Neck Dark T-Shirt » Kids Dark T-shirt » Women's Plus Size Scoop Neck T-Shirt » Women's Plus Size Dark Scoop Neck T-Shirt » Women's Plus Size V-Neck T-Shirt » Women's Plus Size Dark V-Neck T-Shirt » Maternity T-Shirt » Maternity Dark T-Shirt » Greeting Card » Greeting Cards (Pk of 20) » Note Cards (Pk of 10) » Note Cards (Pk of 20)

I can also have professional CD's made with full case and case inserts.

You can go to the following URL to get templates to all the products I can put up:
http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/sell/images/help_templates

Be sure the images you submit are in PNG format at 300dpi and of the same size as the specifications of the products. Gimp can do all this.

The products submitted will be listed here:
http://www.cafepress.com/potoflove/3717333

I will add sections as needed.
katasuka
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby calumc on Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:14 pm

would it be possible for you to make a seperate shop for mint stuff?
Please dont take this the wrong way, but if we want to go big with this do you really think it would be a very good image for linux mint to be trading under ''cannabis productions''.
I myself couldnt really care less but there are a lot of very closed mind out there and after all it is the closed mind of windows users that we are trying to get to.

Just my 0.02
In the long run maybe clem could look to setting up a cafepress account
calumc
Level 3
Level 3

Postby GrayWizardLinux on Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:16 pm

Great Idea! Also thank you for all of the initiative and hard work!
GrayWizardLinux
Level 6
Level 6

Postby katasuka on Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:09 pm

well pro shops are free and i dont have the extra cash to open a second shop. as for the top image, been meaning to change it, just havent got around to it yet lmao

long story about the name.... anywho

the main people buying linux mint stuff will likely be using linux mint. the idea of selling linux mint items is those who use those items (like wearing a linux mint shirt) will get the word out about linux mint which does more than trying to "convert" users.

a windows user wont use linux unless they know someone else who is using it (at least most times it seems)

if my cleaning business takes off (like im expecting) i will be opening a shop devoted to linux mint... but i have to have enough products to put on it first :P i find it fun to add products to cafepress (others may not like it)
katasuka
Level 2
Level 2

Return to Chat about Linux Mint