@Husse and Admin staff.

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Stretch
Level 2
Level 2

@Husse and Admin staff.

Post by Stretch »

I just want to thank Husse and the other moderators for their professional approach to this community and these forums.

I left PCLinuxOS because their moderators were extreme in their actions and treated their users with contempt, on their forums. I am so glad that Husse et al, take a more practical and realistic approach to moderating. It makes for a more relaxed atmosphere overall :)

Well done to you guys and please continue as you are :wink:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
GrayWizardLinux
Level 6
Level 6

Post by GrayWizardLinux »

As a total new person to linux and mint and the forum I 2nd that!

I just received the R51 in and am currently loading Celena.

Thanks to Husse and Clem for their help so far and to Clem for his emails.

It means a lot to me.
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Re: @Husse and Admin staff.

Post by scorp123 »

Stretch wrote: I left PCLinuxOS because their moderators were extreme in their actions and treated their users with contempt, on their forums.
Huh? I am also like that (at least some claim that ....) :D .... you better wait with the champagne yet :lol:
Stretch wrote: I am so glad that Husse et al, take a more practical and realistic approach to moderating. It makes for a more relaxed atmosphere overall :)
SSSShhhhhhhhhht!!!!! You can't write that here!!!!!! Jesus, are you crazy? You're ruining my image and my career as arrogant Linux demi-God and zealot!! .... You didn't tell anyone else, right? If that stuff circulates too far on the web we're at risk of getting more happy users and .... OMG .... actually becoming a popular distro. Really, what were you thinking?? You want to drown us poor admins in more work by attracting more happy users??? Tss tss tss. :lol:

Just kidding :lol: .... for the most part :twisted:
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

I heard the ambiance was good too on the PCLinuxOS forums. I suppose it depends on people and their personal experience with the moderators.

We have a "zen" program for admins here at Linux Mint. No smoking, no trolling, no alcohol (well apart from Michael cause he'd just die without it) and no children's (or frog's) legs for breakfast. We grow flowers, we listen to the wind in the forest and we take care of friendly little rabbits.

We had to come with some kind of policy after the number of deaths was becoming alarming...

... well we still find one or two broken little rabbits now and then, especially on monday mornings... but overall we're pretty happy with the results :)

:lol: :lol:
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Post by scorp123 »

clem wrote: ... well we still find one or two broken little rabbits now and then, especially on monday mornings...
Hey wait ... you mean those things are *not* for target practice?? :shock:

Ahem .... wasn't me :twisted:

LOL :D
Stretch
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Stretch »

LOL @ clem and scorp :wink: I knew you guys were just trying to lure us users into a false sense of calm and security. :lol:

@clem - you and the others do a great job here. I don't want to go too far into distro-bashing but pclos mods simply delete what they don't like and tell you to stop complaining if you don't like it. So freedom is only like beer but not like speech :wink:

manishk is also right. scorp and Husse and the other mods, rarely leave a thread unanswered. They always try to help in any way they can.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Yeah, well maybe.. but they kill rabbits.. so Im not too sure I agree with you.

clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

I think the "free beer" example is a very bad one... cause between free speech and free beer most people do actually hesitate :lol:

We should stop saying "free beer", maybe "free dr pepper" or "free cold soup" or something you definitely wouldn't trade for "free speech", what do you think?

Stretch
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Stretch »

clem wrote:We have a "zen" program for admins here at Linux Mint. No smoking, no trolling, no alcohol (well apart from Michael cause he'd just die without it) and no children's (or frog's) legs for breakfast. We grow flowers, we listen to the wind in the forest and we take care of friendly little rabbits.
/me wonders if I have made the right decision and exits quietly :lol:
bigbearomaha
Level 3
Level 3

Post by bigbearomaha »

Everyone has their moments and differences in approach and personality. Clashes are bound to happen.

I've even had a rabbitkiller moment or two here.

having said that. In comparison to other forums I have seen, Even when there are differences of opinion expressed here that may contrast with one of the mods, I have yet to see them just shut it all down without some sort of explanation.

and that is a rarity. I am a special case because I tend to be an opinionated SOB. So, I always walk away from a "difference of opinion" in Mint regretting my part in the whatever tussle I inserted my onion on.

All in all, Mint forums are about Mint, as they should be and the mods do a very good job of keeping things on track.

Big Bear
Bee the best you can bee.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

I have yet to see them just shut it all down without some sort of explanation.
Well... maybe the day we run out of rabbits...
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Post by scorp123 »

clem wrote: Well... maybe the day we run out of rabbits...
Ahemm ... /opt/zen/bin/rabbits is able to spawn 'child processes' .... right? :D

(Note to self: Ask John Cleese where he got that monster-rabbit from ... rabbits that bite heads off and shoot back are a better challenge ... :lol: )
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Yeah, let's tell these rabbits to go fork() themselves :)

Clem,
I can't believe I'm actually making that joke, ah well... :)
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Post by scorp123 »

clem wrote:Yeah, let's tell these rabbits to go fork() themselves :)
'themselves' ... ? Noooooo. We have to tell the rabbits to go out and fork() other rabbits (preferrably of the opposite I/O configuration ...) or else child() processes will not spawn.

... Now I fell off my chair because I LOL'ed so much ... damn those fork()-ing rabbits :lol:

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”