Ubuntu 7.04

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint

Ubuntu 7.04

Postby clem on Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:10 pm

Have a look at this: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CommonCustomizations

It looks like Ubuntu is taking a lot of our ideas and including them in their distribution. Of course this is excellent news both for them and for us. If their implementation is satisfactory this will hopefully make the work on Linux Mint easier and we'll be able to focus on other aspects.

I'm hoping to see mint tools such as mintWifi, mintDesktop, mintDisk or equivalent tools been included into Ubuntu as well. I really don't know if the Ubuntu crowd is even looking at us right now, but it would be nice to participate in making them a better distribution. Somehow we're using them as a base, and it would be both our and their interest to use us as a testing ground.

Clem
clem
Level 15
Level 15

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby katasuka on Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:18 pm

the way i see it, sharing of knowledge is better than doing the same thing multiple times. so long as credit is given where credit is due ;)
katasuka
Level 2
Level 2

times they are a changing

Postby AlsaPhil on Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:04 am

I just remember a previous argument by "tenshu" on this forum... and i'm smiling :)
Last edited by AlsaPhil on Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
AlsaPhil
Level 4
Level 4

Postby kenetics on Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:33 am

I'm sure Mint can always stay a few steps ahead of whatever Ubuntu decides to implement. Mint is an OS for the real world. (Hey, that makes a good catch phrase!)
kenetics
Level 5
Level 5

Return to Chat about Linux Mint