Forum

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
antiquexray
Level 5
Level 5

Forum

Post by antiquexray »

I'm trying to attach an avatar to my profile (it's a jpg). Every time I try I get a message saying it needs to be a jpg (it is), a gif (tried that too), or some over format I don't remember. I'm attempting to do so by uploading from my computer. Any suggestions?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
d00p
Level 1
Level 1

Post by d00p »

did you check the filesize?
visit LinTelligence.de - Download LinuxMint
antiquexray
Level 5
Level 5

Post by antiquexray »

d00p wrote:did you check the filesize?
Actually I did. It is 1.4Kb, 34 pixels wide, and 80 pixels high.
d00p
Level 1
Level 1

Post by d00p »

are you sure that it is a REAL jpg...not just a PNG renamed to JPG?
antiquexray
Level 5
Level 5

Post by antiquexray »

d00p wrote:are you sure that it is a REAL jpg...not just a PNG renamed to JPG?
I found a pic on the new and saved it myself, both using Paint and then tried Gimp.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

I had a quick look at google, it looks like this is a bug in phpbb. I'll try to have it fixed by tomorrow.

Clem
d00p
Level 1
Level 1

Post by d00p »

i just used an external url ^^
antiquexray
Level 5
Level 5

Post by antiquexray »

root wrote:I had a quick look at google, it looks like this is a bug in phpbb. I'll try to have it fixed by tomorrow.

Clem
I'm still having trouble posting an avatar. Any suggestions, help, etc?
bin
Level 4
Level 4

Post by bin »

Whilst slightly off topic, this reminded me that it is possible to browse the membership list and pick off email addresses without having registered.

Could I suggest that is not allowed to non registered members, and also that the default setting is changed to not display email addys??

in light

bin
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Hi bin,

I'm not exactly sure how to do that :) Same for the avatar question... is there a phpbb expert in here ?? :)

Clem
Fragadelic
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Fragadelic »

The distro I used to develop for used phpbb for their forum. Although I can't remember offhand, I could figure it out if you want.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Yep, I would definitely be interested by the answer.

PS: Which distro did you develop for ? In which languages, and what kind of scripts/programs ?

Clem
Fragadelic
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Fragadelic »

Vector Linux.

The SOHO 3.2 version was my first. At the time there were only 2 of us. Robert, the lead guy and myself. He worked on the base small VL and I did the SOHO which included KDE, OpenOffice,etc. You may see reference to either Tigger or Spider on their forum,etc. That is me. I ported the knoppix hwsetup stuff for VL. I removed all the module loading from the app and made it spit out a nice file with info and kernel module names that we later used with another script to load everything. Up until the last release they were still using it. I also reworked a lot of the install/setup scripts. I don't have the time I used to these days so I opted to leave. Most of the hardware stuff these days is just handled by udev so the old app and scripts are sure to be history very soon.

I also created a CLI frontend for pacman for Arch called pacmenu. Another guy at arch took it over and continued it on. Not sure of the status of it at the moment though.

I'm decent with BASH/xdialog/kdialog/zenity and a bit of C and tcl/tk. I much prefer bash with zenity though and this is what all my video capture and encoding stuff is now.
Fragadelic
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Fragadelic »

I believe its in the general board settings and it is called something like user email from forum or something like that. With it turned off, you see the email addy's when you mouse over them. With it on, you no longer see it and the forum will bring up an intermediate email window for users to email each other.

Not sure about the avatar issue since its been so long since I administered a phpbb forum.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Ok... so I'm going to need an smtp server... :)

I played a lot with kdialog, essentially to create the installer for Ada, but I was missing the ability to define complex windows and panels... I don't know much about Tcl/Tk either :) I am good with perl and the shell but in terms of GUI development, appart from Swing and HTML, I don't much about the rest...

If tools need to be developed for Linux Mint, I should be able to make them without much problems, but I could definitely use some help on the graphical GUI side of things :)

:roll:
Fragadelic
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Fragadelic »

I'll help if I can.
bin
Level 4
Level 4

Post by bin »

Fragadelic wrote:Vector Linux.

The SOHO 3.2 version was my first. At the time there were only 2 of us. Robert, the lead guy and myself. He worked on the base small VL and I did the SOHO which included KDE, OpenOffice,etc. You may see reference to either Tigger or Spider on their forum,etc. That is me.
.........and an absolute classic it was too - I used it with Wine to run Lotus Notes up till May this year with no problems at all - thought I recognised the name.... :)

in light

bin
Fragadelic
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Fragadelic »

Thanks. Glad it worked so well for you for so long.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

OK, the privacy/email issue is solved :)
Fragadelic
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Fragadelic »

Good stuff Clem.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”