A distro hopper lands in Linux Mint

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint

A distro hopper lands in Linux Mint

Postby rm42 on Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:37 pm

First of all let me congratulate the Linux Mint developers for the excellent job they have done with this distro. I am very new to Linux Mint, but not to Linux. In fact I just finished writing an article about my experiences in trying most of the current top distros. If you are interested you can read it here:

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/2007 ... t61-part1/

I would love to know what you think of it. I hope you like it. :)
rm42
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: A distro hopper lands in Linux Mint

Postby Guest on Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:12 pm

Several people asked me to do a follow up on this writeup. Well, here it is:

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/2007 ... -followup/

Postby kanishka on Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:47 am

I've read and appreciated your previous articles, and the follow-up is also interesting. Thank you very much for sharing your experiences!
kanishka
Level 5
Level 5

Postby blu3ness on Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:50 pm

Just curious if you have tried the Daryna KDE community version yet, since you are more biased toward KDE :P

I'm all for gnome but I think I might switch to KDE4 once a release candidate build is out :x woot.
blu3ness
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Guest on Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:06 pm

blu3ness wrote:Just curious if you have tried the Daryna KDE community version yet, since you are more biased toward KDE :P

I'm all for gnome but I think I might switch to KDE4 once a release candidate build is out :x woot.

No, I haven't. And, from my experience with Kubuntu, (not bad, but underwhelming) I don't think I will. That is of course assuming Mint KDE will be based on Kubuntu. Until I see clear evidence that Ubuntu and Kubuntu are given the same attention I rather just use Mint/Ubuntu for GNOME and other distros for KDE.

Return to Chat about Linux Mint