What will you like to see in the Linux Mint e17 distro

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint

Re: What will you like to see in the Linux Mint e17 distro

Postby molom on Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:03 am

Kynan wrote:
kanishka wrote:I think that Azureus would be out of place in mintE17; I use Deluge, though I also used qbittorrent. They are both light clients, with a decent feature set.

I guess the main things im interested in is that it had the option to de-select any files you don't want to download (ie if you only want 1 song from an album) also to do with this it has to be able to deselect and re-enable files whilst i'm already downloading i sometimes do this to give preference to files i want to be done sooner. It has to have a rating system (ie the star system in azureus) and comments like azureus does (this is very handy in letting people know if things are a waste of time downloading, usually the first thing i check before leaving anything to download.) Appart from that i guess as long as its easy to use/update ect.

I don't use the commenting system in built on torrent clients, not sure if deluge has it. But Deluges first thing that it asks when downloading is what files within the torrent you want to download, so that's covered. It also now has a timing system to choose when you want to download, which is perfect for people with peek and off-peak plans. This talk is good progress, after the beta releases I will plan with Maty (the developer) to implement these ideas and apps.
molom
Level 4
Level 4

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby molom on Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:54 pm

checho wrote:Wow, one day without posting and what a thread lol. Well

@Kynan:

Great that you use emesene too :D. I think is the best MSN protocol despite his failure in sending files. Well, do you think we could use it in E17?.

@MOlom:

I think the same about light and dark themes as Kynan said. I have the same problems with my yes ;) .

@All:

I don't now if you have tried Listen as music player. I try Exaile but in my laptop the sound in amarok, rhythmbox, songbird and exaile is better than in banshee or exaile. I don't know if that ocurrs in other pcs. The icons are good the ones that molom show us. I'm thinking. Do you know how the system will sound? or were to hear that?.

I already planned to choose a light theme called 'smoke' ( http://www0.get-e.org/Themes/E17/ ) Agust already made a wallpaper for the theme, overnight (Amazing guy). I don't want anything light green, that's why I was against a light theme, but smoke turned out to be a good light theme, which doesn't look like gOS. I don't know about the sound problems you have been having with exaile, to bad I haven't tried it yet.
molom
Level 4
Level 4

Postby molom on Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:11 pm

checho wrote:OK smoke is good.... ;-).Let's wait for the system sounds :S....

I don't understand. What's happening with the system sounds? I was organizing these sounds until maty told me that the e17 distro is going to use the default sounds from Daryna. Has the plan changed? Or are you trying to install the default Daryna system sounds into the beta?
molom
Level 4
Level 4

Postby molom on Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:39 pm

Any more advice?

By the way. The artwork page has been updated with the new light theme wallpapers, which are designed for the smoke theme. ( viewtopic.php?f=106&t=7292 ). There might be one more theme.
molom
Level 4
Level 4

Postby Kynan on Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:16 am

To be completely honest, i'm not overly fussed with the smoke window boarder theme.. its ok but i'm looking for something else. i guess ill have a few links to what i like. imean i could always get these themes and install them myself and i have done this but i noticed that the etk theme stays the same or changes to my gnome gtk theme, i downloaded the following but i didnt know how to install it....
http://www.e17-stuff.org/content/show.p ... 8dd722610e

here are all the etk themes i could find i don't really like any except the milkyetk one.
http://www1.get-e.org/Themes/Toolkits/ETK/
http://www.e17-stuff.org/index.php?xcon ... 8dd722610e
Kynan
Level 4
Level 4

Postby molom on Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:38 am

I have used an iMac for 3 years and I found that I couldn't get used to the close/minimize/maximize buttons. I don't think even many linux user and definately windows user would want it. I do admit that the window border for 'smoke' isn't the best, but there isn't much of a variety for e17, so changes in looks for the Mint e17 will eventually change when a bigger variety will appear. There even arn't many nice e17 themes, there are some themes that I just ask myself 'who would use that theme' like 'Dali' and 'Camo', but then again that's my opinion. But for now we will have to stick to it. I didn't choose the milky's theme and simply white because it is just too bright, plain and mac-like. Mint e17 wants a unique look, but I assure you that there will be better themes for e17, which will be able to please more users for the later versions of e17. Atleast the mint17 team hasn't chosen bling-bling ;).

By the way why did the 'Chasers' have to finish up now. :( ........ ;)
molom
Level 4
Level 4

Postby Kynan on Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:45 am

Yea i dont like the mac window borders either. i was actually meaning the etk theme rather than the window border for that theme.
Kynan
Level 4
Level 4

Postby molom on Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:02 am

Kynan wrote:Yea i dont like the mac window borders either. i was actually meaning the etk theme rather than the window border for that theme.

Ohhh... I haven't seen the rest of the 'smoke' interface. If it's to poor, I might look into the milky's etk. But for now, I'll have to wait for the upcoming beta.
molom
Level 4
Level 4

Postby Kynan on Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:09 am

i tried appliying all the themes and the etk themes but non of them change the UGLY GREY that is the menu bars ect... is this just me or is this not able to be changed?
Kynan
Level 4
Level 4

Postby molom on Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:18 am

Kynan wrote:Image

i tried appliying all the themes and the etk themes but non of them change the UGLY GREY that is the menu bars ect... is this just me or is this not able to be changed?

Wow... That is ugly grey, who wants a Windows 98 interface? What OS are you using, is it Daryna with e17? Probably the etk themes aren't compatible with the current e17 CVS. I will see if the upcoming mint17 beta has this problem when it comes out. If it does, I will check with the developer to make a bug fix for this problem.

Cheers,
molom
molom
Level 4
Level 4

Postby Kynan on Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:33 am

yes its daryna with e17 i followed the install instructions on the wiki and all... ohwell
Kynan
Level 4
Level 4

Postby molom on Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:52 am

Kynan wrote:yes its daryna with e17 i followed the install instructions on the wiki and all... ohwell

I think I had the same problem with geubuntu 7.10. It must be an incompatibility with the current cvs and the etk themes. That is something I definitely can't fix. I think the only people that can fix that are the e17 developers, but I'll check with the developer of the Mint17 project to see if he has that problem.
molom
Level 4
Level 4

Postby molom on Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:07 pm

If there are any suggestions from anyone else, that will be appreciated. Kynan has helped plenty.
molom
Level 4
Level 4

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Previous

Return to Chat about Linux Mint