Guys... Wow! Nice Job

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint

Guys... Wow! Nice Job

Postby Squizzle on Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:55 pm

As much as I love linux, ubuntu didn't quite do it for me with it's bulky interface and people themes.

After downloading and installing linux mint I have made the full switch from XP to linux on both my desktop and laptop.

I love it, completely love it, best home distro I have come across, hats off to the people behind it and no doubt the community that made it possible.

I'm not new to linux by any stretch, but I'm new to linux mint, so in that sense, here's a newbie saying HELLO and THANKS for a great operating system distribution!

Much much love,

//Squizzle
Squizzle
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Guys... Wow! Nice Job

Postby molom on Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:41 pm

The only thing that avoids me from only using linux, are games. I think it will take some few years for linux to be popular enough to have games like Oblivion or Half Life 2 (Which are my favourites). I don't like play games with a PS3, Xbox or the Wii, so there isn't any equivalent. But there's no doubt that Daryna is the best linux distro in the world, if I only did work, it would be the only OS I would use. A Mint e17 distro is coming soon, try it to see if you prefer it than gnome, KDE, Fluxbox or XFCE.
molom
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Guys... Wow! Nice Job

Postby VaMPiRiC_CRoW on Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:55 am

molom wrote:A Mint e17 distro is coming soon, try it to see if you prefer it than gnome, KDE, Fluxbox or XFCE.

I'm waiting for it to try it :P
VaMPiRiC_CRoW
Level 3
Level 3

Return to Chat about Linux Mint