Fantastic!!!

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint

Fantastic!!!

Postby maxwas on Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:02 pm

I have been a Linux user for nearly 10 years now. Throughout that time i have used many different distros before settling on ubuntu a couple of years back.

I then stumbled upon mint about 6 months ago and i have been using regularly ever since. The new daryna (KDE) release is absolutely fantastic. I have been using/testing it solid for about a week and have had no difficulties whatsoever - compiz runs like a dream and hasn't hung even once!!! Mint leaves all other distros in the dust :)

Keep up the good work guys!!!

Max
maxwas
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Fantastic!!!

Postby dracorX on Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:43 am

maxwas wrote:I have been a Linux user for nearly 10 years now. Throughout that time i have used many different distros before settling on ubuntu a couple of years back.

I then stumbled upon mint about 6 months ago and i have been using regularly ever since. The new daryna (KDE) release is absolutely fantastic. I have been using/testing it solid for about a week and have had no difficulties whatsoever - compiz runs like a dream and hasn't hung even once!!! Mint leaves all other distros in the dust :)

Max

Ahem, I think you mean the BETA of daryna KDE? I am waiting for the official since quite some time
dracorX
Level 3
Level 3

Postby molom on Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:42 am

dracorX wrote:
maxwas wrote:I have been a Linux user for nearly 10 years now. Throughout that time i have used many different distros before settling on ubuntu a couple of years back.

Max

Ahem, I think you mean the BETA of daryna KDE? I am waiting for the official since quite some time

That's funny. He's really really really happy with a beta. Wonder what he will say when he tries the stable release.
molom
Level 4
Level 4

Postby maxwas on Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:19 pm

Hi all,

dracorX, I think you were missing the point a bit, i am perfectly aware that it is a BETA release.

What i was trying to say is that for a BETA, i can't believe how well this system operates (thx molom). I have never got a final release of k/x/ubuntu to operate as well as this.

I am now using Mint as my main system - i only plan on doing the necessary upgrades when the final arrives.

Max
maxwas
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Chat about Linux Mint