Congratulations!

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint

Congratulations!

Postby Day on Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:59 am

Mint has climbed up to the fifth place at DistroWatch.com's Page Hit Ranking list. It means there are more and more people get interested and attracted by Mint. Hat goes off to the developers. Congratulations and Keep going! :D

And if you select "Last 30 Days", better news, Mint has been top 3! :D
Last edited by Day on Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Day
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Congratulations!

Postby molom on Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:03 am

Day wrote:Mint has climbed up to the fifth place at DistroWatch.com's Page Hit Ranking list. It means there are more and more people get interested and attracted by Mint. Hat goes off to the developers. Congratulations and Keep going! :D

I said the same thing 4 weeks ago and the two days later it dropped down by 50 and went the 6th place again, so don't put your hopes up. Fedora, Mint and Sabayon are very close in points. Well... I love mint

Cheers,
molom
molom
Level 4
Level 4

Postby Day on Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:08 am

molom wrote:
Day wrote:Mint has climbed up to the fifth place at DistroWatch.com's Page Hit Ranking list. It means there are more and more people get interested and attracted by Mint. Hat goes off to the developers. Congratulations and Keep going! :D

I said the same thing 4 weeks ago and the two days later it dropped down by 50 and went the 6th place again, so don't put your hopes up. Fedora, Mint and Sabayon are very close in points. Well... I love mint

Cheers,
molom

Anyway, I believe Mint will get better and better!
Day
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Chi on Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:00 am

The great thing about Linux Mint's recent rise in rankings is that interest builds interest.

I normally only really regard the last 12 months (the word fad comes to mind). But look at the company we are keeping.

Agree that Linux Mint will go from strength to strength. I have converted one long time Windoze user to Linux Mint on a laptop, the rest of the family is now so impressed they are thinking about it. I really don't think that any other distribution would have done it.
Time is what keeps everything from happening all at once.
Chi
Level 2
Level 2

Return to Chat about Linux Mint