Stickly Facebook Linux Mint group?

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jlr1701

Re: Stickly Facebook Linux Mint group?

Post by jlr1701 »

Just joined! :D
helterskelter

Post by helterskelter »

I started a website recently and purchased 10,000 Facebook fans from *spamlink* for our Facebook page and the results were amazing! I passed all my competitors when it comes to the number of Facebook fans... some competitors have been in business since 1999, but now we have 20 times more fans than them on Facebook, which made it seem that I've been in business much longer than them !
I knew there was a reason I steered clear.

eddie
Last edited by dagon on Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spamlink removed
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

helterskelter wrote:
I started a website recently and purchased 10,000 Facebook fans from *spamlink* for our Facebook page and the results were amazing! I passed all my competitors when it comes to the number of Facebook fans... some competitors have been in business since 1999, but now we have 20 times more fans than them on Facebook, which made it seem that I've been in business much longer than them !
I knew there was a reason I steered clear.

eddie
Ditto
Last edited by dagon on Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spamlink removed
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
jbaerbock
Level 4
Level 4

Post by jbaerbock »

We now have 3,377 member in our Mint Facebook Group. Granted that number fluctuates a bit due to all the bots I keep having to boot :-P.
BuyerBrown

Post by BuyerBrown »

Cool Just Linked up - Thanks for the Tip
Rudemeister

Post by Rudemeister »

I just joined too! :D
Goz
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Goz »

Husse wrote:
I gave Facebook a rest
Personally I keep miles away from such
As do I..I don't like being herded into a walled garden..So glad this group is here and not on Facebook.
Think of Windows 10 as Hotel California for computers.
/dev/urandom

Post by /dev/urandom »

Why should a more-or-less free operating system have a Facebook group where users can click fancy "Like" buttons and talk about things already discussed here?
Why should anyone join that Facebook thing at all? Facebook is dead.
Wouter_db

Post by Wouter_db »

*Joined* :)

Now I think it would be nice to make it a nice positive group where we can share stuff how awesome Mint is. It's all to easy to let it degrade in another 'HELP xxx is not working' group. :wink:
jsplicer

Post by jsplicer »

Facebook is that nosy nieghbor down the block.... or is that the NSA? :wink:
Aleenik

Post by Aleenik »

jsplicer wrote:Facebook is that nosy nieghbor down the block.... or is that the NSA? :wink:
I don't use Facebook either (I deleted my account a while ago) but I think a Facebook group for Linux Mint is a good thing. It helps spread the word about our distro for one.
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

Its the NSA they offered more money and a get out of jail free card. lol
Never joined Facebook and never will.
wanderer7

Post by wanderer7 »

/dev/urandom wrote:Why should a more-or-less free operating system have a Facebook group where users can click fancy "Like" buttons and talk about things already discussed here?
Why should anyone join that Facebook thing at all? Facebook is dead.
Couldn't agree with you more: 1) we don't need a fb group, when we have our own forum; 2) freedom is incompatible with facebook and google+, ; 3) if someone wants to get in touch with NSA, one can find other ways to do so.
I don't like the idea of social networks in general. However, there are people who have to use facebook. For example, if your job is social media marketing, you don't really have much choice. So these people, who are already on fb or g+ and are linux mint users, can at least spread the word about GNU/Linux and free software movement. It's sad but if you want to wake people up, you should enter the matrix yourself. :wink: Because this is where they spend their time.
That said, I still think that a facebook group is a bad idea.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Everybody is free to have their own opinion on whether to join some social network or not. However, Linux Mint is very much on Facebook. Like on many other social networks (we're at least represented also on Twitter, Tumblr, and reddit), users themselves create communities for common interests. So also for Linux Mint :wink:

Some are bascially a mirror of Planet Linux Mint (which combines news from the blog, segfault, and mintcast), while others are from Linux Mint local communities (so not in English), or even like on reddit another way to get support for Linux Mint or just talk about Linux Mint.

Side note to those inspired to add Linux Mint on their favorite social networks: Linux Mint is a trademark owned by Clement Lefebvre so it is best to get his permission before using the Linux Mint name or identity.
wanderer7

Post by wanderer7 »

I visited our facebook fan page and we don't have a cover photo:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Linux-Mi ... 8108180410
Why :?:

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”