XFCE Edition so much quicker than XP. Thanks!

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Re: XFCE Edition so much quicker than XP. Thanks!

Post by Husse »

25 minutes to boot?
Never had even near that in any of the crappy computers I've booted :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
molom

Post by molom »

25 min to boot!!! How many antiviruses were you running? I've never seen something take longer than 5 minutes, excluding times when there were serious crashes or something.
molom

Post by molom »

pingu_dan wrote:F-Secure Anti-virus and Spybot S&D. Openoffice quick launch,Tiscalli software for broadband modem and Google desktop were the only things loaded at startup. Suspect there was something lurking in the registry from previously installed software (possibly Windows Desktop Search) that was causing an issue but have neither the time or the inclination to sort it out!
I heard google installed apps really slow down the system, excluding apps like picasa and google earth. All that Google desktop, google windows explorer toolbar and that other good widget sidebar are a load of rubbish bloatware.

Well I'm glad you have switched, thankyou for your effort into making Linux Mint a good solution for your computer.

Cheers,
molom
Husse

Post by Husse »

Yes, glad you are among us Minties now
I used to service computers as a warranty service //Edit/Lost part of the sentence/ and also upgrade really old ones//
and I was never past the five minutes mark, but for the ones that never booted
NoClue!
Level 3
Level 3

Post by NoClue! »

Spybot has a start up manager, go in there and uncheck everything but your anti virus then install ccleaner and get rid of all the active x crap. Man what am I doing giving ms advice here................sorry.

Try Mint XFCE on your newer hardware........it rips!
Husse

Post by Husse »

Man what am I doing giving ms advice here................sorry.
Seems you have no clue :lol: :lol:

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”