Woot im in tha Debian edition

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
phantommaggot
Level 2
Level 2

Woot im in tha Debian edition

Post by phantommaggot »

and im surprised.
im running it at school in virtual box.
i gave it 700 ish mb of ram and its SUPER fast
im very excited about where this will go in the future!!

keep up the good work!!

-J
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
phantommaggot
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Woot im in tha Debian edition

Post by phantommaggot »

i know this is baisaclly a double post.
dont kill me i just recently sat down to play on the net.
i used the debian edition for just a little bit, but it was FAST in virtual box. it felt faster than anything else ive used in virtual box. for that matter it did something that no copy of ubuntu or mint has ever done for me before.. booted in virtual box, lol...
it didnt seem much different from the Main gnome distro, just ... more crisp....
i went to the software portal and installed deluge... it worked... i didnt have time to see what else i could do..
i should have a massive amount of time on tuesday, if not before, to run it again.. but so far so good...
id really like to install it and see if it fights my memory as much as the current version.

it think that mint going debian would be a great step up, its like loosing the middle man. at least thats what it is for me.

anyways
keep it up, cant wait for the beta and final!!
molom

Re: Woot im in tha Debian edition

Post by molom »

I wish that the debian edition will become the official edition, Mint (Ubuntu) is very slow compared to many distros.

Cheers,
molom

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”