PCLinuxOS

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Ignanik
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Ignanik »

Guys check this out ... :)

http://mag.mypclinuxos.com/html/Issues/ ... age06.html

Remember How i said : " Mint and PClinuxOS are my favorites because they are both made on more or less the same ideas and have great communities "

Well its obvious that PCLOS users like MINT and the other way around , so .

I think that the guy how wrote the Article has read my post here :)

/me looks at bigbearomaha and winks :)
hugh
Level 1
Level 1

Post by hugh »

Actually it was Bigbear's recommendation that brought me here, I still use PCLOS but I'm certainly not dumping Mint, I love them both, and they both work perfectly with my hardware.

Cheers,

hugh
bigbearomaha
Level 3
Level 3

Post by bigbearomaha »

:D

They say that great minds think alike.

Although, grasshopper, I've been plugging Mint for quite awhile now.

( although Clem still won't do an interview for Polar Bears and Penugins )

Mint is THE best, hands down, debian/buntu based distro I have ever seen or used.

Are there issues? of course, name one distro that doesn't. just one.

can't do it can you?

so, If we accept that all distros are going to have some things to keep working through, then let's support those that keep the sleeves rolled up and the people are real.

They bring more than just technical excellence to the distro, they bring personality.

No one does it better than the one-two combo of Mint and PCLOS

( Except maybe CentOS ) (j/k, but I like CentOS alot also for enterprise stuff )

Big Bear
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

although Clem still won't do an interview for Polar Bears and Penugins
?? I never said no, I've just never been asked :)

Clem
ibexslam
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ibexslam »

Total linux novice here.

I've tested Ubuntu, then Mint Live CDs -- Gnome and XFCE -- and now PCLINUXOS.

I decided to try the latter because I've had problems with weird screen junk (see my other posts here). With PCLINUXOS (Live CD) I haven't had any of that. XFCE Mint was better than Gnome Mint in that regard, but I still had random junk adhering to my desktop.

Another reason I thought I'd check it out is that it looks like it's very easy to install it on a flash drive. With Mint, it's complicated (for me), and persistence (saving one's settings) is impossible right now, as I understand it. I'll be checking that out after my next backup.

I like the way Mint looks better...maybe I'm just allergic to the color blue. Something about the KDE environment makes me feel as if I'm in a cubicle in a highrise (even though I'm not).

I noticed that the PCLINUXOS CD comes with Fluxbox, an alternative window manager. No blue stuff there! That was very different. I kind of liked it.

Maybe I can try PCLINUXOS with Gnome? Not sure if that's possible. I have a lot to learn.

Return to “Chat about Linux”