MintPPC vs Mint 13 Maya

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
showard1

MintPPC vs Mint 13 Maya

Post by showard1 »

Hi folks - my first foray into the Linux world. I want to install Mint alongside Leopard on a PowerPC Quad Core, and have looked at MintPPC. What is the difference between Mint 13 and Mint PPC and is there a Mint 13 version that will run on this architecture? If I use MintPPC am I missing anything that Maya contains?

I guess I have more questions than answers but there you go....so much to learn, so little time.

Regards to all - Steve
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: MintPPC vs Mint 13 Maya

Post by xenopeek »

Linux Mint only runs on x86 and x86-64 architecture (desktops and laptops with Intel or AMD processors). It won't run on PowerPC.

MintPPC is a separate Linux distribution and in no way connected to Linux Mint other than use of some of Linux Mint LXDE code. The proper forum for discussing MintPPC is on their website: http://mintppc.org/
showard1

Re: MintPPC vs Mint 13 Maya

Post by showard1 »

Thanks Vincent. I just wish one of the many, many sites I've reviewed would say this as clearly as you have. Guess I'll stick to the opposition.......

Steve

Return to “Chat about Linux”