exaile!

Chat about Linux in general

exaile!

Postby faemir on Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:02 pm

amarok for gnome :)

It's not as fully developed as amarok, and i'm missing global shortcuts sorely, but hopefully they will be put in soon.

Nice thing is that they have moved album art so it's shown all the time ;)

http://www.exaile.org/trac

I thought it would be nice to tell people unaware of it - since as I haven't found it talked about much, and since as LM2 is gnome... well some people don't like using kde applications, or would /rather/ use gtk.
faemir
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby mintero on Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:08 am

Thanks. I have installed it to test.

I like the design, the build-in shoutcast browser and the easy recordings of streams.
A little bug though: I cannot make it stop completely. For example: Say, I am listening to radio streams and want to stop in order to listen to my music files. I click stop, clear the playlist , go to my collection and queue the tracks to make a playlist.
Then I click on the play button and listen to .....the last radiostream. :cry:

Another point: does it play audiocds? there is an option (File/open disc) but doesnt work. (OK, I have kscd for that...:) )
LinuxMint Bea
mintero
Level 2
Level 2

Postby faemir on Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:26 pm

sorry - I don't know. Also when you enqueue files it goes back to the top of the playlist :(

And there aren't any shortcut keys yet, which is annoying, but i'm sure they will be coming, after all, it is very early - 0.2.8 or something :\
faemir
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Chat about Linux